"Why I love women's bodies"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

JoyJoy

This is such a great size-positive article, I had to share it. My wish is that for all those who struggle with feeling good about themselves, may you realize that somewhere there IS someone who will love you the way you are, in spite of what society may say.

You'd think that the statement this article makes would be common sense, but we all have a tendency to think in absolutes, especially when being critical of ourselves, so it does help to be reminded that we live in a world of vastly diversified preferences!

From MSN

“Why I love women’s bodies”

By Christine M. Coppa

Tall, short, plump or petite, one thing is universal—no matter what a woman’s shape, there’s a man out there who’ll appreciate it! To prove our point, listen to what these guys have to say, and feel your confidence soar… no matter what your body type.

The pleasure of plus
“My wife is plus-size — and it’s a plus in every aspect of the word — especially when it comes to spooning.”
– Anthony Abruccio, 39, Brooklyn, NY

Stay strong
“I like muscles! My girl’s arms are cut, toned and sexy—and I love when she wraps ’em around me.”
– Carl Steir, 31, Clifton, NJ

Boyish bodies rock!
“I’m not lusting after the classic Playboy centerfold. My girlfriend is a 32A, and I love when she goes braless—especially in a clingy tank-top.”
– Dan Cooke, 24, Asotin, WA

Muscles, schmuscles…
“My girl’s middle is soft and luscious and every time she complains about it, I hug her belly. I love that part of her body best—it’s so womanly.”
– Roger Abrams, 31, Browning, MO

Short and sweet
“Everyone thinks tall models are so glamorous, but my fiancée is just five feet tall. It’s so adorable when she stands on her tippy-toes to kiss me.”
– Josh Cooper, 29, New York, NY

On the lean and narrow
“I’ve dated women of all shapes, sizes and races. I’m engaged to a tomboy with narrow hips and pin-thin legs. It’s all good!”
– Josh Wood, 31, Houston, TX

When thin isn’t in
“I used to date a dieter. She obsessed over everything she ate and was depressed every single time she looked in the mirror. My new girlfriend loves to eat and bake. She’s not thin or heavy. She’s healthy, and I’m happy!”
– Matt Magino, 29, Brick, NJ

Bathing beauty
“I met my current girlfriend last summer. She’s plus-size, but was romping around on the beach in a bikini. There was something very confident and free in the way she moved. She didn’t cover up or hide anything, and there was this fresh air about her that I really fell for.”
– Anthony Douglas, 28, Mission Viejo, CA

Christine M. Coppa is adjusting to her softer, post-baby body. She writes for Glamour.com.

Judge_Dre

I just read that right before signing into Dimensions. It is a wonderful article. It isn't often that the media shows how diverse people's definition of beauty is.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
I love that.

I particularly appreciate the remark about bellies being feminine, as it seems that in many cases people do not view them as such.

I am someone who believes everyone has a great body. I think life is beautiful, and to try to limit it to a narrow spectrum is a crime.

bigsexy920

Ok I'll be good.
Very nice read Joy - thanks for sharing it - gave me a big smile.

CAMellie

Gabriel Spencer
Reading this cheered me up immensely. Thank you, Joy, for posting it. :wubu:

mergirl

I love that.

I particularly appreciate the remark about bellies being feminine, as it seems that in many cases people do not view them as such.

I am someone who believes everyone has a great body. I think life is beautiful, and to try to limit it to a narrow spectrum is a crime.
i was just thinking that..
This is why i can never say i'm 100% this way or that, because there is some place where soul meets body and this is the point where everyone is beautiful. Preferences aside, sometimes a beautiful soul just shines through and can make a body magical and shimmering. Women and men of all body shapes and sizes..
Though i thought i saw an angel today, standing in the rain waiting for a bus.. i thought at first this was unusual for angels perhaps but then i thought..well angels need transportation too.
She actually shone and was glad of the rain somehow..she was soft and with an awkward, ive been caught in the rain smile..
Then as i was walking to the shops i saw an old man who was laughing with everything he had in him at a story someone was telling him ..i thought he was so beautiful too..
the beauty of humans surprises me always and makes me happy!!
There is always beauty when we look for it and i was really happy reading all those stories!! i am smiling now thinking of the people giving out all the happy body love to the people they find special!!

xmer

IrishBard

womble/leprechaun hybrid!
this is actually pretty good for all people who prefer alternatives to society's vision of beauty, not just Dim's

All I can say is that this is a great boost to the community and other like it.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
This is why i can never say i'm 100% this way or that, because there is some place where soul meets body and this is the point where everyone is beautiful. Preferences aside, sometimes a beautiful soul just shines through and can make a body magical and shimmering. Women and men of all body shapes and sizes..
Though i thought i saw an angel today, standing in the rain waiting for a bus.. i thought at first this was unusual for angels perhaps but then i thought..well angels need transportation too.
She actually shone and was glad of the rain somehow..she was soft and with an awkward, ive been caught in the rain smile..
Then as i was walking to the shops i saw an old man who was laughing with everything he had in him at a story someone was telling him ..i thought he was so beautiful too..
There is always beauty when we look for it and i was really happy reading all those stories!! i am smiling now thinking of the people giving out all the happy body love to the people they find special!!

xmer
Dang, I can't rep you. That's how I feel as well.

mergirl

this is actually pretty good for all people who prefer alternatives to society's vision of beauty, not just Dim's

All I can say is that this is a great boost to the community and other like it.
i would give you rep for being a fabulous womble..but all my rep is gone.. picking up litter in wimbledom i imagine..
remind me when uncle bulgaria returns and i shall send you precious green can points..for whatever they mean!?

xmer

mergirl

i think we need a better rep allowance!! but then i guess it wouldnt be so special.. ahh i remember the day when my rep cherry was popped..and i have been a rep whore ever since..soaking up all that wonderful rep and giving it out again with gay abandon!! lmao

xmer

wistful

I think this article is wonderful Joy...it really captures the best of size acceptance,thanks so much for posting it.There's few things I love more then seeing the splendid diversity of women's bodies celebrated.

pumpkingirl55

I actually read that on my email before coming here. It made me really happy to see that there is someone who is telling it like it is. Not everyone likes people who look like America's Next Top Model, and not everyone likes people who are big. Everyone is different, and there is someone for everyone if you're willing to look for them!:happy::happy::happy:

imfree

In Remembrance
I actually read that on my email before coming here. It made me really happy to see that there is someone who is telling it like it is. Not everyone likes people who look like America's Next Top Model, and not everyone likes people who are big. Everyone is different, and there is someone for everyone if you're willing to look for them!:happy::happy::happy:
A person who finds beauty in diversity is rich.

phatfatgirl

Very nice read Joy, thanks for posting
gave me a warm feeling inside! :blush:

ESPN Cutie

Missing the South.
Super feel-good and totally true. Its great to be loved for who you are and for others to find beauty in what you percieve to be a flaw.:)

BBW Betty

Made My Saving Throw

xmer
Ditto. And in spite of these long quotes, I must add characters to make my message longer.

ravfa

Very nice. A cool, refreshing breeze of open-minded tolerant sanity in a blinkered close-minded intolerant world. Personally, I truly wish we could all just be who we are, & like what we like, with nobody passing judgement & telling us we're wrong for it & making us feel bad about it. Ah, well.

daddyoh70

DYELB?
I love that.

One of my many joys in life is when I'm spooning with my wife, and I lay my arm across her soft belly and just let it sink in as I pull her closer to me.

Tooz said:
I feel exactly the same way. I only wish more people did. :(

xmer
I have apparently given out too much rep in the past 24 hours, but I love this post. I've read it about 4 times now and I find myself smiling a giant smile everytime I read it. In my line of work, I mostly see people at their worst, so when I find something that makes me smile, I appreciate it that much more. I could just sit and listen to people laugh all day, young or old, I just love the sound of someone laughing so hard they sound like they are going to bust.

This is a great thread. Thanks Joy. (Living up to your name here ;) )

Phrozen

I can compare my tastes in women to my tastes in music. There are girls on the thinner side that I think are stunning and beautiful, and there are the bigger girls that I think the same way about. For me, it's not really a matter of size, because women of any shape, weight and size can look good. It's definitely not limited to size for me.

For instance, there are certain pop songs I absolutely love and others that I abosolutely hate. And there are certain country songs I may like and then others that I detest wholeheartedly. Now take these comparisons of music genre and apply it to a thin girl/thick girl comparison... Get my drift?

So basically in my opinion beauty is not limited to a woman's size/shape/weight

Latest posts