Wife's dieting. Again.

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by Emerald Dawn, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Aug 15, 2009 #1

Emerald Dawn

Emerald Dawn

Emerald Dawn

So, my wife is on Weight Watchers again. This has been about the sixth time she's attempted to do this, to usually negative results. She lost about 35 pounds for our wedding in '07, but swiftly gained it all back.

I support her in her weight loss "adventures". It pains me to, not only because I miss her curves and softness when she does, but because after about two weeks or so, I can see that she isn't enjoying it, that it's only slightly above torture for her. Frankly, I don't see the point in her dieting when she loves food, hates dieting, and every single time, has been extremely unhappy while doing it. She says she loves being a fat girl, which is another reason why I don't get this obsession with dieting.

I would love to expose her to this community (which, though this is the first time I've posted in, have been lurking in for a good long time), but I think she would probably balk at the thought of it. She knows I'm a FA, but I doubt she has any idea of what a FA or a BBW is, or the fact that there even is a community like Dimensions out there. I think that seeing other plus-sized women that are proud of their curves and not trying to hide them or diet them off would be a big help to her self-image, but I'm not at all sure that she's in a place right now that she could be open-minded enough to make that kind of a change in her thought process.

Bottom line, I want my wife to be happy, be it at 170, 210, or whatever. And I know there's no magic word I can say to solve her self-image issues, but if anyone has any ideas on anything I can say, or if any of you guys that have exposed your wifes/significant others to Dimensions while fearing the repercussions that might bring that could give me any pointers, I would be appreciative.

KHayes666 likes this.
  2. Aug 16, 2009 #2

Tracii

Tracii

Tracii

Just leave the page up and see what happens.
    Or you could just ask her to look.

3. Aug 16, 2009 #3

Observer

Observer

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator

If she knows you're an FA let her know that you've discovered a size acceptance site with a whole forum for people just like you - then let her visdit and explore the rest.

Oh, and since your present enrollment is two year's old you might try another screen name for yourself to cover your tracks. :)

4. Aug 16, 2009 #4

Ernie

Ernie

Ernie

Exposing her to this community may either make her really happy and accepted, or do the complete opposite and make her offended by the suggestion. But hey, if its to make her happy, why not try it.

5. Aug 16, 2009 #5

Emerald Dawn

Emerald Dawn

Emerald Dawn

Honestly that's what I'm most afraid of. Though she's a self-proclaimed "fat girl", she's never been all that comfortable with my FA-dom, even though I've been very upfront with her about it. I guess its mostly because of her self-image issues.

6. Aug 17, 2009 #6

Armadillojellybeans

Armadillojellybeans

Armadillojellybeans

chariots chariots

My lady is pretty sure of herself but she gets on these kicks every once in a while herself, exposing her to a little bit of this fine forums did the trick, and does the trick when she is feeling that way, it is like Field of Dreams, if you show them, they will come good sir

7. Aug 17, 2009 #7

ChubbyBlackSista

ChubbyBlackSista

ChubbyBlackSista

Master Member

I'm glad that you support your wife in her willingness to lose weight but speak to her I know she knows you're an FA

8. Aug 22, 2009 #8

collared Princess

collared Princess

collared Princess

Im sure that it probally pains you that you feel you cant share with her your inner self (what a true f.a means)..that must be hard..I would go out on a limb and show her this site..is there any dances or get togethers near you for bbw's?..You have to show her this world so she knows she has some people that are like her..
    One good thing is, when she goes on a diet she manages to gain it all back..usually they gain it back and more..diets never work so dont worry to much about that..
    Good to meet you glad you have come out of lurker mode...:)

9. Apr 3, 2019 #9

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

The reality is that most diets fail so you have that going for you

10. Apr 13, 2019 #10

extra_m13

extra_m13

extra_m13

we are all on the same train. here wife has tried 3 different diets this year alone so that is one per month... fortunately non is having much success and i still get to enjoy her curves