• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Winter Olympics 2014

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetfrancaise

I'm rather shocked no one's discussed the MASSIVE controversy surrounding this year's Olympics in Sochi, Russia--at least as far as I've seen. The horrific laws Putin pushed through against homosexuals recently are eerily reminiscent of those present in Nazi Germany during the 1936 Olympics... and no one protested then, either. Stephen Fry said just this in an earnest letter to David Cameron and the IOC, pleading for him to pull support for the location:

I am gay. I am a Jew. My mother lost over a dozen of her family to Hitler’s anti-Semitism. Every time in Russia (and it is constantly) a gay teenager is forced into suicide, a lesbian “correctively” raped, gay men and women beaten to death by neo-Nazi thugs while the Russian police stand idly by, the world is diminished and I for one, weep anew at seeing history repeat itself.

The IOC plans to stop any protest against the anti-LBGIT laws as well, citing they go against rule 50 which states that:

no kind of demonstration or political, religious or racial propaganda is permitted in any Olympic sites, venues or other areas.

Allowing the Olympic games to continue in Russia is dangerous to any LBGIT athlete, their supporters, their families, and it's also showing Russia that what they're doing is okay. That the rest of the world is alright with their blatant cruelty, that "those people" don't warrant any sort of outrage on our part. Is it none of our business? Why aren't our world leaders (and I'm including our President) saying anything? Do these people really count for so little?

Latest posts

Back