• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

WLS, Natural wl, size acceptance

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dragonsspite

All my friends are bbws, or I should say were bbws, we shared good times and bad times and comiserated on our weight losses and gains, through marriages, pregnancies and so forth. 3 of us chose different alternatives. Cherry chose gastric bypass, Alice chose Lap band surgery, and I went for a more natural method.

Cherry had her surgery 3 years ago, and since then her quality of life is no more, yes she is thin, skeletal in fact, but she has a condition now, her body will not accept protein, she has been in and out of the hospital since her surgury, she now has a chronic heart condition.. her prognosis... she had at the most 5 years to live. Every time she goes to the hospital we pray she will come home.

Alice.. got the lap band surgery done 2 years ago. For all intents and purposes it was a sucess.. she went from 300 down to 170 .. but shes still not satisfied.. I will get more into this in a moment..

Then theres me. I was 366 last year at this time.. in fact I weighted in on july 19th 2007, I was never as unhappy with my weight as the other 2, but i was very unhappy with the pain I was constantly in, my hips hurt all the time, my knees, my lower back, and I couldnt get a good nights sleep I would jerk awake if i was on my back because I couldnt breathe.. But I didnt conciously decide to lose weight. In fact I have done nothing different other than take a fairly active job. from july 07 to february 08 I lost approximately 30 lbs.. doing nothing.. infact i was unemployed most of that time and just sat around.. and ate. In February I started a new job, and worked and ate. and still the weight poured off. Now Ive held steady at 270 for about a month.. this with out actively trying.
Ive had some issues with my weightloss.. in that.. while I love some of the changes Ive had in my body.. I hate the fact htat my breast went from a d to a c cup and so forth.. I am very content were I am at.. Im wearing a size 18 shirt and size 22 pants.. yeah.. IM pear shaped.
Today I was talking with Alice about some of my issues, and I came clean with her.
I love my body, I see no reason to lose, and I dont care If I gain, I love my sexy fat. yeah i have issues with certain areas of my body.. but hey.. thats normal
And she came clean with me. She though when she got thin she would be happy, and shes not, she said almost cried, saying she wished she could be happy with her body as i was, it would have saved her alot of heart ache and alot of money, she now realizes.. she needs to fix whats in her head, or she will never be happy with how she looks. She has people come up to her all the time, because shes very up front about her operation and say.. oh im gonna have it done.. Now she just shakes her head and says.. get happy with yourself first. or you never will be.. she hates that she cant eat what she likes, that she throws up all the time.. and so forth.

Im not sure where I was going with this, I kind of lost my point in the writing of it.. I'll get back with it here later

But as for me, I love myself, Im happy were Im at.. Peace to you all

Latest posts

Back