• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

You'll Never Have A BF: Female Competition and Fat

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superodalisque

A few weeks ago i was listening to the WLS and teens discussion on oprah. there was a teenager's mother who said that the defining moment for her in deciding for WLS for her daughter was when the teen came home crying because the other girls had said that she'd never have a BF.

this kind of talk always makes me sad. it makes me harken back to the days when i was 10 or 11 and had no experience with boys or could care less. i used to hear it a lot from my mother and sister. it scared and worried me at the time even though i was a late bloomer. i wasn't sure why it should but it did. by the time i was 12 i had more male interest than my 16 year old sister even though i could still care less about boys. i think its probably a natural thing that i had more interest because i wasn't really very big and had a womanly figure. my sister was the streamline athletic type. but i still know that the interest was a big shock to my mother and sister and they felt that they had "lost" somehow.

thinking about this all has me wondering. barring all of the other more important reasons a woman might have to lose weight is it really male interest women are after when it comes down to it? or is it really about female on female competition? i wonder how much what women do in regard to their weight is really about attracting men, or just about how they feel they should be to trump other women. what do you think?

PS: i don't think our weight should be predicated on attracting men either but this is often one of the reasons people feel women should feel pressure to lose weight and i just thought that claim was bogus anyway.

Latest posts

Back