Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

It's not a bug, it's a feature.
Supporting Member
A moment ago I wanted to wish a very, very good friend
"Good night, sweet dreams"
My autocorrect changed it into
"Good nightmare, sweet dreams"

I recognized my mistake, but it was too late - it was sent. Even my lousy attempt to correct my autocorrect was discovered and failed 🙄

(@youknowwhoyouare: I am vraiment sorry but I am also laughing for almost an hour now and cannot stop...)

What are your funniest or bizarre autocorrect fails?

Corey

Corey
About 80% of the time, my husband’s name autocorrects to Colon. It happens enough that I always double check the spelling before sending my text to family and friends. If I’m texting my husband, I typically leave it uncorrected. 😁

DazzlingAnna

Supporting Member
To make my autocorrect more unpredictable my German dictionary has "learned" a lot of English vocabulary now.

(For some strange reason my English
autocorrect doesn't learn any German)

Hilarious dialogues...

For the German word "auf" which would be translated into "on" I obviously must have misspelled something and instead of "auf" I had "suffered" in my text. My friend who received this masterpiece was confused and I once again couldn't stop laughing.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
My city's Pokemon Go players have a Discord server where we can plan 'raids' against legendary pokemon when they show up. When the Pokemon 'Suicune' was showing up I more than once asked if people would like to do a 'Suicide Raid.'

DazzlingAnna

Supporting Member
I recently wrote this (a comment about a first sketch of one of my drawings showing a big couple):

"I like how the books look."

20200730_194200.jpg

I hadn't planned to add a book - it seemed a bit out of context.

I managed to put it into the scene 😆 on the final result btw.

Sonic Purity

Grateful
For some strange reason it changed "tubs" into "ribs". 🤣
That’s especially bizarre in the context of humans and interests people tend to have here, given that it’s exceedingly rare to see/feel ribs on true tubs.

macOS autocorrect recently (a few weeks ago) decided that my choice of slang for “fabulous” needed changing:
faboo → taboo

Maybe it’s trying to tell me that anything fabulous is taboo?

A few years ago I was texting my son's basketball coach. A very nice and very big and well put together African-American man name Darryl. Thank God I was paying attention and proofread my message before I sent it because somehow his name got changed to "Darky." It is beyond me how that could've happened because I find it hard to believe that word is in the android language dictionary.

Latest posts