• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

your non-FA friends and family

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienlanes

no longer slackin'
A certain someone recently tipped me off to the existence of the closeted FAs thread from a few months ago, and this morning Misty linked to a Postsecret confession from a guy who dumped his girlfriend because his friends made fun of him for dating a fat girl.

These threads have made me curious about what the experiences of other FAs have been. How did your friends and family react when they first realized that you had a preference for larger partners?

Like a lot of closeted teen FAs, I was very frightened that people would hate me if they found out my shameful secret. But I came out of the FA closet several years ago, and I've left it further and further behind as time goes on, and not one of my close friends or family members has ever given me grief about it, so I've always assumed that my anxieties were just a product of my own adolescent awkwardness. Even my mother, a health-food junkie and fanatical jogger, has never been less than 100% supportive of my choices. (I think she was just happy that I was finally dating :rolleyes:.)

But some of the stories in the closeted-FAs thread made me wonder if I haven't been much luckier than I've realized. Did any of you guys or gals have to deal with a lot of teasing when you came out of the closet as a fat admirer?

Back