20yr Twins at the Lake House Summer fun Pics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripley

In Remembrance
I think it just annoyed people that you seemed to gave a smart ass answer to blame him by saying he should have replied before people went nuts instead of people being responsible for their own nutiness. And agreeing worth Kortana, I got no clue how you became the lighting rod here. Its amazed me that the real antagonist of the thread has gotten off relatively cleanly, unless people are mistaking Ripples for Ripley at a quick glance.
I'm the lightning rod because my belly is the highest point around? :p

I didn't blame him, I said this could have been avoided if he had addressed it when it was asked. I think that's a pretty non-inflammatory view? I'm not sure if you know about VeryFatWomen and the problems many of our posters have had with it, or with the recent troll invasion where pictures were stolen to post on another forum and make fun of. I'm all for men posting pics of them out on the town with their fat women friends/gfs. I'd just hate to see these two girls who look like nice young women to face that. Maybe that makes me open to "Weight Board police" cracks and whatnot, but I'm okay with that...if it saves a fat girl from seeing her pics used in those ways. He said he had permission, so I'm good with it.

I think people asking if he had permission is totally a separate issue from RubyRipples post (which I thought was harsh and uncalled for, and with which I did not agree), but as usual it's all getting lumped together so people can get mad and fight, all while crying about how dims is just always fights and people getting mad. It's hypocrisy at it's finest, and when it's not frustrating it can be a little funny. :)

ripley

In Remembrance
Um...you and others keep bringing me back into this. When you stop saying things to or about me, I'd be more than happy to.

But I gotta say...it's a public board. People are gonna post where they want.

RyanFA

Um...you and others keep bringing me back into this. When you stop saying things to or about me, I'd be more than happy to.

But I gotta say...it's a public board. People are gonna post where they want.
u just did it again by posting that post....oooo wait, I got the last comment haha, i like how you couldn't just let my post of just drop it be the last one, you had to say one more thing. I feel like i'm in elementary school again. I'm seriously done with this insignificant dispute. It's a waste of time and it's going nowhere. wish i could just shake your hand and say truce and both of us go :bow: :bow: at the same time

Ivy

more cake, please!
DimensionsModel
but he's using your real naaaaaaaaaaaame aren't you maaaaaaaaaaad and shouldn't you be offeeeeeeeeeeeended?
haha, nah.. but i am offended that people turned a simple pic post thread into 6 pages of senseless arguing. i know there was nothing good on tv tonight, but read a book, bake a pie or do something (anything, really) other than act bitchy on the internet for chrissake. :rolleyes:

ripley

In Remembrance
Don't you just hate those uppity bitches that won't shut up when the men tell them to?

KHayes666

Go away
On a completely unrelated note. You look like that dude from the Karate Kid.

SWEEP THE LEG, JOHNNY.

I swear if Billy would have taken out Daniel-San if Sensai Kreese didn't tell him to get himself disqualified.

Hell Karate Kid 2 should have been about Billy getting thrown out of Cobra Kai for challenging Kreese and he falls under the tutilage of Mr Miyagi. The movie centers around Johnny fighting a battle between good and evil inside, listening o Kreese and preparing for the tournement or throwing up a middle finger and alligning himself with Billy.

Ok I';m way off topic....but seriously, RyanFA got gang raped and someone needs to steer this thread off course.

JoyJoy

And therein lies the problem with Dimensions, and why you see so many page and threadviews on this website and so few replies. Most people don't want to post anymore for fear of being called out by your local board police.

People are automatically assumed to be guilty of doing something "shady" or "creepy" or posting pictures without permission before they're ever even given a chance to explain themselves, and many times even after they have. That is wrong.

Guilt before innocence is a terrible board attitude to have on a website promoting acceptance, and unfortunately it's become endemic. Many people find other sites with less censorship and fewer regulars who automatically assume the worst about their fellow posters.

Just my .02. It's also why I lurk outside of Hyde Park.

Ryan, thanks for the pictures. :)
Or you guys could leave this shit to the appointed mods and not assume the worst about every FA that walks the internet. Just suggestin'.
Seriously. If I see a thread that is questionable, and I feel like calling someone on it, I'm going to say something because I'm a member of this community. This wasn't a "let the mods deal with it" issue. This was several of us wondering about the legitimacy of the post. I agree that being called a liar wasn't really in good form, but most of us didn't do that...we expressed our concerns and waited for him to answer. It had basically been resolved when you started posting. No one is thinking the worst of "every FA that walks the internet"...but if you guys want to keep running around yelling about the sky falling in your cool-boy way, go ahead. I'm still going to post how and where I want to.

Ryan...keep posting, please. You have no reason not to.

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
Ryan, forgive me for asking, but do they know you posted these pics here??
I am a photographer and the subject of permission and rights and ownership comes up from time to time. Since these issues apply directly to me, I try and keep up with the literature.

The OP (RyanFA) does not need permission to post pictures of the subjects as long as he owns the rights to the picture (e.g. He owns the camera and he took the pictures)

Maybe he didn't reply because he had to work or had other things to in between his posts and was away from his computer. Maybe he didn't scroll down to see the question.

That being said here's some other info to chew on:

1. Almost anything you can see you can photograph.
If you can see it, you can take a picture of it. If you are standing on public property you can photograph anything you like, including private property. It is important to realize that taking a picture is different than publishing a photo, which leads to point number two.

2. As long as you are not invading someone’s privacy, you can publish their photo without permission.
You can take someone’s picture in any public setting and publish it without consequence (even if it portrays the person in a negative way) as long as the photo isn’t “highly offensive to a reasonable person” and “is not of legitimate concern to the public.” You can even publish photos if you took them on private property. While you may be punished for being on private property, there is no legal reason why you can’t publish the photo from prison!

3. As long as you aren’t using someone’s likeness for a purely commercial purpose, you have the right to publish the photo.
You can use your photos of other people without their permission for an artistic or news purpose, but you can’t use them for a commercial purpose (such as an ad). You could sell a photo of a person without their permission, but you couldn’t use the photo in an ad saying the person endorses your product.

Also despite misconceptions to the contrary the following subjects can almost always be photographed from public places:

Children
Celebrities
Residential and Commercial buildings
Law Enforcement officers
Criminal activities
Industrial and Public facilities
Transportation facilities

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
though it doesn't mean you're not an ASS for doing it without someone's knowledge...

not saying he did that at all...i'm just saying in general.

I am a photographer and the subject of permission and rights and ownership comes up from time to time. Since these issues apply directly to me, I try and keep up with the literature.

The OP (RyanFA) does not need permission to post pictures of the subjects as long as he owns the rights to the picture (e.g. He owns the camera and he took the pictures)

Maybe he didn't reply because he had to work or had other things to in between his posts and was away from his computer. Maybe he didn't scroll down to see the question.

If you can see it, you can take a picture of it. If you are standing on public property you can photograph anything you like, including private property. It is important to realize that taking a picture is different than publishing a photo, which leads to point number two.

2. As long as you are not invading someone’s privacy, you can publish their photo without permission.
You can take someone’s picture in any public setting and publish it without consequence (even if it portrays the person in a negative way) as long as the photo isn’t “highly offensive to a reasonable person” and “is not of legitimate concern to the public.” You can even publish photos if you took them on private property. While you may be punished for being on private property, there is no legal reason why you can’t publish the photo from prison!

3. As long as you aren’t using someone’s likeness for a purely commercial purpose, you have the right to publish the photo.
You can use your photos of other people without their permission for an artistic or news purpose, but you can’t use them for a commercial purpose (such as an ad). You could sell a photo of a person without their permission, but you couldn’t use the photo in an ad saying the person endorses your product.

Also despite misconceptions to the contrary the following subjects can almost always be photographed from public places:

Children
Celebrities
Law Enforcement officers
Criminal activities

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
though it doesn't mean you're not an ASS for doing it without someone's knowledge...

not saying he did that at all...i'm just saying in general.
The girls were looking straight into the lens. Only if the girls were blind could you possibly say that.

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
I said that i wasn't talking about him specifically...BUT had he been a friend of the girls and took the pic with their knowledge and THEN posted it on the internet for random men to fawn all over *without* their knowledge, yes...regardless of whether or not it was legal....i would STILL call him an ass. Now, as for this case, he said he did not do that...so...it has been deemed that he is not an ass :)

taking pics of anyone and posting them randomly without their knowledge or consent is just not right in my opinion regardless of legalities.

The girls were looking straight into the lens. Only if the girls were blind could you possibly say that.

UncannyBruceman

Children
Celebrities
Law Enforcement officers
Criminal activities
You must have gotten in trouble for this in the past yourself, huh?

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
Oh no you did NOT tell miss Ripley to F*CK OFF. *head swivel and finger wag*

I'm disappointed in the way you've chosen to represent yourself in this thread Ryan. What with the name calling and angry language.

However in other news: Vegas in 5 days baby!

View attachment churchsign.jpg

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
Oh no you did NOT tell miss Ripley to F*CK OFF. *head swivel and finger wag*
There's one silver lining to this. I still very much stand on my original point, I think the general atmosphere of policing and distrust has gone too far, and I'm sure I could spar with Ripley further on that. However, tell her to F off and I'm gonna be all of that in two seconds, ha ha. Dims girls are like my family. I may get super irritated and want to scream, but I'll cut anyone that insults you. Ha.
My advice, Ryan, let some things roll off your back, and try to stay calm! That's a bad idea, dude. :)

This is for another thread, but I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to talk about this in a way that doesn't have the women saying things like "I'll just go back to being a quiet little woman" or "only bitches talk back, huh?" (STRONGLY paraphrased.) So that means because I'm a woman that's trying to figure out how to make the weight board work, I'm not a strong woman? Or because I can read a thread like Ryan's, shake my head a little, but just note for the future and see what's going on with him? Please!
I just don't know what to do. I have to put my hands up. I understand why people want to ask questions and certainly, there was some reason to be concerned. I just don't know if you guys understand the culumulative affect of it. I don't think you know how many dozens of people have jumped ship from this board, and how many WOMEN who are into the fetish/fat sexuality parts of the board were ostrasized. Maybe you don't talk to them? Maybe you don't know? I mean...and as much as I love me some long-time Dims girls, and I expect to be here as long as it lasts, how can we argue something when folks are like, "I've been here for a decade, WHO ARE YOU?" which essentially happened to Ryan on this thread.

Obviously, this isn't about this thread. And obviously, you know, its hard, people will denounce you easily, so I think that many of the dims regulars WILL NOT SPEAK OUT about activities around the weight board because they don't want to lose friendships. Do you have any idea how hard it is to put yourself into an argument against women like JoyJoy, SocalBfly, Ripley? It's tough. It scares me. When JoyJoy posted I thought I'd faint. (Love her) As I type, I can see people being like, "who is that?" and walking away. But...I'm paranoid.

No one did anything wrong, per say. But the lack of sensitivity around these types of threads, and lack of understanding about the hurt and displacement felt on this board is astonishing to me. I don't want to argue, but I wish I had the energy to explain more what I've felt like being like yay I have a place to talk about these things and realizing, more or less, its over. It's not working. Especially as a self-identified feminist pro wg person. It's a joke. HA HA.

And, PLEASE, understand I'm not an ally to those who say we shouldn't call out bad behavoir. I identify strongly as a feminist, I am active in these causes. Many times I've seen us rally to teach lessons, explain things, simply say, this is not appropriate or, really, stop being a jackass. HA! That's great. I am NOT saying give this over to the lecherous, gross comments. We need everyone's participation for that. :) And I disagree strongly w/ folks like Exile who more often than not say "why are you here". Everyone belongs here. But if folks are not willing to at least consider some sensitivity training around fetish activities and fat attraction, what's the point. (Again, this is not just about this thread).

I probably should apologize to Ryan now. I'm sorry!

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
I missed the Ripley Fuck off part..and i see he apologized for it, but yeah... way not cool.

I understand your point AFG :) I think there are certain folks around here who have taken their board monitoring to a whole other level and have been doing it for years even. I think we all know that there are certain folks who do this ALL the time. We see it on a regular basis and it's frustrating as hell.

So...some of the people who post may feel defensive if a non-shit starter asks an innocent question. I think the question for this particular thread was a valid one. I have to say it crossed my mind as well. BUT..a valid question on a forum where the posters are defensive because they are used to feeling attacked can become a huge shit storm and it becomes this vicious cycle.

How do we fix it? hell if i know lol...it has been this way for as long as i have been in this community (which is almost a decade as well!! eek!!) hehe

There's one silver lining to this. I still very much stand on my original point, I think the general atmosphere of policing and distrust has gone too far, and I'm sure I could spar with Ripley further on that. However, tell her to F off and I'm gonna be all of that in two seconds, ha ha. Dims girls are like my family. I may get super irritated and want to scream, but I'll cut anyone that insults you. Ha.
My advice, Ryan, let some things roll off your back, and try to stay calm! That's a bad idea, dude. :)

This is for another thread, but I don't know how to fix it. I don't know how to talk about this in a way that doesn't have the women saying things like "I'll just go back to being a quiet little woman" or "only bitches talk back, huh?" (STRONGLY paraphrased.) So that means because I'm a woman that's trying to figure out how to make the weight board work, I'm not a strong woman? Or because I can read a thread like Ryan's, shake my head a little, but just note for the future and see what's going on with him? Please!
I just don't know what to do. I have to put my hands up. I understand why people want to ask questions and certainly, there was some reason to be concerned. I just don't know if you guys understand the culumulative affect of it. I don't think you know how many dozens of people have jumped ship from this board, and how many WOMEN who are into the fetish/fat sexuality parts of the board were ostrasized. Maybe you don't talk to them? Maybe you don't know? I mean...and as much as I love me some long-time Dims girls, and I expect to be here as long as it lasts, how can we argue something when folks are like, "I've been here for a decade, WHO ARE YOU?" which essentially happened to Ryan on this thread.

Obviously, this isn't about this thread. And obviously, you know, its hard, people will denounce you easily, so I think that many of the dims regulars WILL NOT SPEAK OUT about activities around the weight board because they don't want to lose friendships. Do you have any idea how hard it is to put yourself into an argument against women like JoyJoy, SocalBfly, Ripley? It's tough. It scares me. When JoyJoy posted I thought I'd faint. (Love her) As I type, I can see people being like, "who is that?" and walking away. But...I'm paranoid.

No one did anything wrong, per say. But the lack of sensitivity around these types of threads, and lack of understanding about the hurt and displacement felt on this board is astonishing to me. I don't want to argue, but I wish I had the energy to explain more what I've felt like being like yay I have a place to talk about these things and realizing, more or less, its over. It's not working. Especially as a self-identified feminist pro wg person. It's a joke. HA HA.

And, PLEASE, understand I'm not an ally to those who say we shouldn't call out bad behavoir. I identify strongly as a feminist, I am active in these causes. Many times I've seen us rally to teach lessons, explain things, simply say, this is not appropriate or, really, stop being a jackass. HA! That's great. I am NOT saying give this over to the lecherous, gross comments. We need everyone's participation for that. :) And I disagree strongly w/ folks like Exile who more often than not say "why are you here". Everyone belongs here. But if folks are not willing to at least consider some sensitivity training around fetish activities and fat attraction, what's the point. (Again, this is not just about this thread).

I probably should apologize to Ryan now. I'm sorry!

Ernest Nagel

is old
This is just a generic reply re having/taking pics of BBW. I've been an out and proud FA since before many of you were born, way before teh intrnets. IN MY OPINION it takes a bit more trust for BBW to share their pics with someone. This isn't because they have anything to be ashamed of, but simply because of the high potential for abuse.

I can't really imagine what finding a pic that I thought only a few trusted friends had show up on a hater or derisive site or vid would be like. I suspect I'd feel pretty damn violated and hurt, at the least? I belong to quite a few FA Yahoo Groups and have collected a nice assortment of BBW faves on YT and DailyMotion. When I see pics that I suspect have been poached from Dims members I report them as policy provides. If it isn't addressed or becomes a pattern I delete that membership.

Far from trying to spoil or police anybody's fun I believe I'm trying to make it possible for us to all go on enjoying the widest range of images on Dims and elsewhere. Think of it like a library card. They basically work on the honor system. If no one returned the books they borrowed or took them to other places the system would break down pretty quickly.

Lasting and successful social networks are based on trust. I think that's why some members respond so strongly to posts they view as a possible breach of trust? Things that undermine the confidence that this is a safe community grounded in respect and accountability are correctly seen as a threat.

I don't mean to imply that something shared intimately can't ever also be shared openly. I know people who publicly post their sexual liaisons all over the net. Consenting adults, cool. I wouldn't personally feel comfortable posting any of the many lovely images that BBW have graciously shared with me or allowed me to capture over the years unless they explicitly requested me to do so. Their image is an extension of their body and therefore entirely theirs to manage as they choose. I think that's kind of what this thread has been dancing around and why it's gotten a bit snippy. I believe it's a worthwhile discussion that rightly merits its' own thread but I have no idea where it would belong? :bow:

tjw1971

That's exactly one reason I don't bother posting any pics here to share, and I don't even come around as often anymore.

I don't want to come across as bashing this whole web site/forum, because that's really not my intention. I think it's great that the site owners do everything they do to keep this online for everyone's use and enjoyment.

But really, some of the "regulars" who post here tend to "tint" the whole forum with a bit of "attitude" that makes the whole thing feel a little less "welcoming" than I'd like.

I mean, ok - so we do get people who come in here pretending to be someone they're not. That's going to happen. Why not give them the benefit of the doubt, until/unless a forum moderator figures out they're really a "troublemaker" by their IP address they're consistently using or whatnot, and kicks them off?

It's not like "fat acceptance/admiration" is a really common theme out there. Even the "freak" who pretends he's a fat woman just so he can get his kicks off reading the answers to his fake questions is contributing SOMETHING. Maybe the honest answers people give will benefit others? Or maybe it'll help the original poster get comfortable enough with his own desires and feelings to "come out of the closet" a little more, and quit playing those weird games?

Because it doesn't seem innocent. It seems shady.

Ernest Nagel

is old
VG, I assume you mean well but you're perilously close to giving legal advice here, which is something only lawyers should do. I'm not one either but this issue is a massively gray area of the law. I personally would err on the side of caution. Please refer to the link in my post # 40 of this thread from which this is an excerpt with my highlights added:

"The basic presumption underlining right to privacy laws is the protection of an individual from the disclosure of private facts. The general principles are that one who publicizes a matter concerning the private life of another is subject to liability for invasion of privacy if the matter publicized is of a kind that would be highly offensive to a reasonable person and is not of legitimate concern to the public. The right of publicity provides that an individual has the right to control the commercial use of their name, likeness or identity. While the right of privacy protects an individual from the disclosure of embarrassing facts, the right of publicity protects the individual from financial loss from an unauthorized commercial use of their name or likeness. As a general rule the right of privacy will only apply to a living person while the right of publicity may also apply to a deceased person.

So, possible interpretation; if Ryan's or anyone else's pics posted without a written waiver wind up on YouTube, for example (a commercial site) even though he only posted them here, he could be subject to liability for financial damages suffered by the photographed parties.

I'm not saying I'm right about this but VG could be wrong in his rather sweeping interpretation of risks. There is right of privacy and right of publicity. Right of publicity without a waiver is a potential issue. So why not just get a release, unless you know they wouldn't sign one? :bow:

Children
Celebrities
Law Enforcement officers
Criminal activities

largenlovely

Still a Fat Girl lol
DimensionsModel
isn't that what the guy from "Girls Gone Wild" was sent to jail for? or at least that was what i heard..am i spreading rumors now? maybe lol...

So, possible interpretation; if Ryan's or anyone else's pics posted without a written waiver wind up on YouTube, for example (a commercial site) even though he only posted them here, he could be subject to liability for financial damages suffered by the photographed parties.

I'm not saying I'm right about this but VG could be wrong in his rather sweeping interpretation of risks. There is right of privacy and right of publicity. Right of publicity without a waiver is a potential issue. So why not just get a release, unless you know they wouldn't sign one? :bow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts