• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Allowing oneself to step outside the "fat bubble"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wistful

Something that I've been giving much thought to lately is the fact that I'm nervous as hell to socialize outside of any fat positive events.The frustration this unwillingness to step outside of the bbw/size positive world causes within me is pretty tremendous.While of course I'm grateful that bbw events and the like exist,I sometimes feel as if I'm tied down to these types of events for I fear that in the "straight non-fat accepting world"(so to speak) no one will ever be able to see past my size.

One of the issues I struggle with the most in regards to my supersizedom is how I feel it limits me socially.I'm not even talking here about finding potential romantic partners, as at this particular point in time,I'm much more interested in finding like minded individuals with whom to connect with and build possible friendships with.For me at least singles events have never been a good place to find friends.

My frustration stems in large part from feeling trapped in this little fat bubble. There is just *so* much more to me than my size (as is true for all of us here)!! I would like to feel free to explore the many interests I have outside of size acceptance without fearing I'll stick out like a sore thumb.All of this is coming to a bit of a head for me because I'm about to move back to my hometown..a city which I love in many ways, but is also one of the least fat accepting places I know of.

When I get back to NYC I would like to pursue some of the other interests that I have,that have very little, if anything to do with fatness but I'm afraid of being seen as unacceptable.It's embarrasing for me to admit this at the ripe age of 34, but I'm still scared of the rejection I might face for being 390 something pounds.Part of this fear is within me.I have social anxiety issues (always have) and even when I'm at a fat positive event I'm still a nervous wreck but at least there I feel that I'm not being judged and discriminated against because of my size(well for the most part).

What I would love to know is this: Has anyone else been able to take the confidence that they receive from being in a size positive environment with them when they face the rest of the world and pursue other outside social activites? Also.. I'm sure there are those of you out there who never let your size stand in your way in terms of getting out into the world and finding your place within it.I would really love to hear from you and from anyone who doesn't let their fatness stand in their way of pursuing a full social life.I can't be the only one who has these concerns and could use this advice! Thanks.

Latest posts

Back