• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Am I a BBW? :0

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bella929

Currently a very thick size 14, at 5'4" and 175lbs. My BMI is right on the border of overweight/obese, around 30 lbs/sq.inches.
I usually refer to myself as a smaller BBW, chubby, or extra thick. I feel like I'm still larger/heavier than your "average" girl...but I've had several individuals tell me that I'm not really a BBW.
I think someone else posted a similar thread about feeling too big for the skinny-minnies and too small for the BBW/FA community. I sort of feel the same way-like I'm in this awkward middle ground...:confused:
I really am trying to fall in love with my body size/shape the way it is, but sometimes I feel incredibly pressured to change.
Recently I've been trying to lose weight, because my family keeps bringing it up, telling me that I'll be so much more attractive once I'm thinner. Sometimes they try to say it's about my health, but I don't really buy it. I exercise moderately several times weekly, my immune system is in good shape, and I think my cardiovascular health is just fine as is.
My friends have also been making a lot of negative comments about their appearance/bodies, which in turn effects my own self-image.
Sometimes when I see my numbers on the scale go down, I feel accomplished/excited, but most of the time I feel frustrated and down. I wish that I could just be happy with myself as I am now.
I see so many beautiful, confident people on DIMs and it brings me hope...
Yet I feel like maybe I don't belong because I'm at war with my own body, and it seems hypocritical for me to see the beauty in the other lovely ladies and gentlemen (both large and small) while I can't find it in myself.

I totally just went completely off-track. Anyways...I was wondering if any fellow DIMs members could give me their honest opinions-would you consider me a BBW? If not, then how would you describe me? Just looking for a general consensus... please don't be afraid to say how you really feel.

Latest posts

Back