• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Am I welcome?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSangria

she's been gone
Hello,

I'm a new member (obviously), even though I registered a while ago. I've been looking for a friendly safe message board to talk about size-related issues, and acceptance specifically, for a long time but had little luck.

I've been overweight for many years now and find that life is pretty hard when you are not the stereotypical size most people identify with "normal." I love food and it makes me feel a lot better but I can't deny that I often think that my life would be so much easier if I could just lose weight. I've tried many times, of course, but I always go back to food because in the end, food doesn't reject you or betray you.

What I wanted to ask is, am I still welcome here even though I'm far from being confident about my size and I do hope to lose weight some day? I'd love to chat with women and men who are confident with their weight and, perhaps, even be inspired to believe in myself and accept who I am. :blush:

If I could have a $1 for all the times I had to hear, "You have such a pretty face, you would be so beautiful if you lost weight," I'd be richer than Bill Gates (okay, maybe that's a stretch). How do you deal with other people telling you that you would be so beautiful if you lost weight?

My self-confidence is so low that I have a hard time believing anyone paying compliments to me. The other day I was walking down the street and a guy passed me by saying "hey beauty." I thought to myself, "yeah sure, who are you talking to?"

Sorry for the long introduction, back to my original question... are people who are yet not confident with their size, and are trying every diet under the sun :doh: , welcome here?

Latest posts

Back