• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Am I wrong for thinking this?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That Guy You Met Once

I posted this on another - non fat-related - forum when someone brought up the topic of why some women need to be reassured in their looks so much:

It may sound mean, but I don't give a single fuck about body image issues.

Not one.

Now, don't get me wrong - I like hygiene. Wearing makeup when you go out is nice. So is a spot of exercise and a good diet.

But if you can't see that spending your life picking exactly the right sparkly lip gloss and going on crash diets will not make you any better as a person, and that "perfectly" chiseled bodies and faces that look like they're made of porcelain are an arbitrary and unrealistic (and, IMO, fucking boring) standard anyway, then you deserve to feel ugly.

And I'm certainly not going to be the one to fall to my knees and drown you in compliments to make you feel better.

In the long run, whether or not you think you're pretty matters for very little anyway*. Why don't you go find something more important to focus on and be proud of, like intelligence or talent?

...And yeah, that's probably why I don't get along with most women that well.

*Unless it results in you harming yourself, of course. In that case, get therapy.

The reason I didn't put this in the BBW forum is because on second thought, it applies to guys too.

However, even though the overall sentiment (it's who you are inside, don't try to look like the magazines, etc., etc.) is pretty normal...

But am I a dick for - by extension - not caring about reminding fat people they look good? Or about whether or not BBWs are positively portrayed in the media, teenage girls who throw up after meals, and what such and such celebrity said about obesity?

...And for rolling my eyes at people who do?

Latest posts

Back