Quantcast

An FA Video Game Creation

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

EtobicokeFA

Proud FA
DM Supporter

WELL, its been a long time hasn't it? But I haven't given up, been busy, been thinkin', been plannin' and now I'm back!

I'm still going to go with the RPG style game, but I'm going to be making it on the Andriod Phone with touch screen and everything!

The engine is already there, and that means there's already a way to distribute it as well. Also, angry birds looks beautiful!

So, I updated the website, worked on the story some more and now am starting to flesh it out.

www.zaftiggames.com

So where I am right now in the story is the 4 characters make it to a town in the world, outside of the rule of the cities. What does it look like? How does it survive? How are they towards strangers?

What are your ideas? :D
Damn. And, I just got the IPhone.

Fox

I could possibly make the music, if needed.

pickleman357

Christian/Fattism Solider
Been workin on the story some more, but I'm stuck again.

What would be some towns, cultures, places, that the characters can go in a world where the mainstream absolutely hates anything but skinny?

I need brain storm ideas! :D

Littleghost

Oh, Frickenstein.
How about places with thin euphemisms in them? Like Willowgrove, Skinnybrook, Railline, Leanville, SlenderRidge, The Sticks, stuff like that?

PunkyGurly74

History wonkette
Been workin on the story some more, but I'm stuck again.

What would be some towns, cultures, places, that the characters can go in a world where the mainstream absolutely hates anything but skinny?

I haven't read everything, and if this is totally off...sorry...

But, I spent a couple years between Ohio and NYC and I immediately thought of Fashion Week - which props up the notion that anorexia is healthy and sexy in some cases. They make clothes specifically for set sizes and none of them above a 10 or so I do believe.

pickleman357

How about places with thin euphemisms in them? Like Willowgrove, Skinnybrook, Railline, Leanville, SlenderRidge, The Sticks, stuff like that?
I can use that. The Sticks, that's hillariously awesome. Thanks!

I haven't read everything, and if this is totally off...sorry...

But, I spent a couple years between Ohio and NYC and I immediately thought of Fashion Week - which props up the notion that anorexia is healthy and sexy in some cases. They make clothes specifically for set sizes and none of them above a 10 or so I do believe.
Actually, the idea that anorexia is healthy and sexy has become the status quo in the game world. To the point of persucution of anything else. So if a bunch of like minded people got together who disagreed with that, what sort of group/town/orginaztion would they form and why?

That's what I'm stuck on.

Orso

BBWs and BHMs are almost non-existent among nomadic peoples, with the exception of the Tuaregs, who fatten up on purpose women from noble and rich families.

I've never seen a young BBW or BHM among the Turkmens, even if they now are fully sedentarized, and I saw only one BBW in Mongolia. She was from an urban environment and she was also an operatic singer. Probably the hard conditions of a nomadic life selectioned a population of slim people. So, a Mongol-like society could be a good candidate for the fat-haters group.

On the "civilized" side, Paris and Switzerland in general are the place where I saw the lowest number of BBWs/BHMs. Maybe also they can be chosen as places for fat-haters. Luckily other parts of France, instead, are less so.

pickleman357

*smashes face on keyboard*

Ugh.... This is why I don't write and need writers. I'm terrible at engish. :doh:

The story goes that in society today, the fat hate that already exists is increased 10 fold.

So if everyone that was overweight was kicked out of the larger cities today, how would the smaller communities change as a result of that? And what would the towns look like after 150 years?

pickleman357

I love Lastminute.Tom.

Between him and I, we've bounce a bunch of ideas and have fleshed out a really interetesting story.

Now, we just need filler. Since this game will attempt to educate people on the problems fat people go through, I want events in the game to subtly teach morals to the players.

So I'm looking for subtle things that you wish everyone knew.

We already have
  • Fat people can do anything thin people can
  • You can be fat and healthy too
  • Diets don't work unless you want to gain weight
  • Fat hate is the same as racism
So if you had a soapbox, an audience, and wanted to say something about the fa/ffa/bbw/bhm community, what would it be? :D

pickleman357

Hey gang

Had a bunch of ideas passed to me from CloneNumber47 and he's got me thinking.

If this game actually does well, the last thing I want to see is it appearing on a gag reel on Attack of the Show or X-Play.

So I've decided to take his advice and broaden the game's horizon.

In the game world, it won't be just fat people that are cast out, but anyone that doesn't fit into the perfect world.

That's why I'm making the Wanderer an NPC (non-playable character) and replacing him with a gay man.

I already have some ideas as to what I want him to be like.
Down to earth
Honourable
Wants to find a nice guy to get married to
Adopt children to have a family

The other thing I want to do is show that since gay couples tend to adopt, this passage seems to shows that yes, God still loves them
“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but Him who sent me.” Mark 9:37

His premise is kinda like, you're not a bad person for being different.
.... Which is almost the premise of the game.

Also, he's going to have to be some kinda super hero as well. I'm leaning towards some kind of badass power/skills.

Thoughts? Feedback?

pickleman357

HELLO PEOPLES!!!

Been working on the game's story and its beginning to flesh out! :D

Also, I found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiKBtamsMUI&feature=player_embedded

YAY! :D

Here's a quick list of the characters we now have

1. Closet FA
2. Confident BBW
3. Feedee
4. Transexual
5. Confident BHM/FA
6. Insecure SSBBW
7. Super Skinny and tall woman
8. Closet FFA
9. Insecure SSBHM
10. Super smart and too different to fit in, straight guy
11. Gay male super soldier
12. A Hermaphodite who's worshipped by an evolutionary cult

Quite a colourful cast eh?

HeavyDuty24

Come on rise up
HELLO PEOPLES!!!

Been working on the game's story and its beginning to flesh out! :D

Also, I found this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiKBtamsMUI&feature=player_embedded

YAY! :D

Here's a quick list of the characters we now have

1. Closet FA
2. Confident BBW
3. Feedee
4. Transexual
5. Confident BHM/FA
6. Insecure SSBBW
7. Super Skinny and tall woman
8. Closet FFA
9. Insecure SSBHM
10. Super smart and too different to fit in, straight guy
11. Gay male super soldier
12. A Hermaphodite who's worshipped by an evolutionary cult

Quite a colourful cast eh?
haha yeah that seems like an interesting yet balanced cast in my opinion.:)

pickleman357

I've been able to flesh out all of the characters expect one

the transexual.

We've named him Evan, though he was born Eve.

Looks wise he's a combonation of Elite Beat Agents, a ninja, and Infamous as he is a electokenetic. (able to generate and control electricity)

http://dsmedia.ign.com/ds/image/article/722/722605/elite-beat-agents-20060801043107513_640w.jpg
http://www.chinatownconnection.com/images/ninja.gif
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3619/3636789828_92ca62f72d.jpg

to my misfortune, I have never spoken with a transexual (or maybe I have :p ) so I don't know what drives them or what they want the world to know.

Please help! :D

MadLordOfMilk

If the project ever gets off the ground and a programmer is needed, feel free to hit me up! I've worked with C#, C++, ActionScript, and a whole bunch of other things. Library-wise, I've got experience with XNA, DirectX, some SDL, some OpenGL, Direct2D... lots of stuff.

(I'd post my resume, but that's a bit overkill for a public forum IMO)

Latest posts