• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Anybody else suffer from migraines?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mia Davina

Your beloved....
Wow.. I think this is the first thread I've started outside of the paysite board.

Anyways... so here's why I'm posting. I've had migraines since I was 6 years old. They are hereditary in my case. I've had all the neurological exams and what not, just to rule out it being anything else, and in the end it comes down to: genes. Through the years, I've found various treatments that work for me, but for some reason, my body becomes "immune" to those treatments. I put immune is quotes because I don't only mean with medications. I understand that my body (and most bodies) lose their sensitivity to medications after prolonged usage. For some reason, my body only likes my "treatments" for a little while.

Like, for example, when I was little, it was baths that took them away. Laying in a warm bath in a dark bathroom for about an hour or two would usually do it (with some tylonol on the side, of course). As I grew up, that no longer worked. For awhile, the only thing that worked wasmy mom's relaxation story (which I still have her tell me to this day when I REALLY can't handle my headache). After that, the only way to get over my headache was to let it get bad enough to make me vomit, then I'd get weak and fall asleep. When I woke up, I'd feel much better. After that, it turned to, if I caught it with meds right when it started, it would go away. Etc, etc.

The thing that has worked the longest is showers. When I get a headache, I take medicine and get in the shower. For some reason, the sound of the shower doesn't hurt my head even though someone clicking something will. So my problem now is... it's gotten to where I take a shower everytime I don't feel good.. whether mentally or physically, and apparenly, my body thinks it's time for a new treatment because the showers no longer work.

So after all the ranting, my question is: if you have migraines or tension headaches (my migraines usually stem from a tension headache)... what do you do? How do you get rid of them? Or what do you do to ease the pain until it passes?

Any answers will help me... because after 13 years, I've run out of ideas.

-Mia Davina

P.s. the shower thing is an OCD thing that just never left me. Showers seem to fix everything for me... or at least.. they did. :(

Latest posts

Back