• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Anything ever hold you back from just letting go?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshmallow Minotaur

Short fat bear
I mean holding back from gaining, slowing down, not reaching or going for your fat potential.

For me it’s clothes. I’m just about 5’6”, currently 223 lbs., 47-48” belly, 40-42 waist pants. Up til last year I was 245 lbs, 53” belly 44 waist pants. I was going for 250 - 260, maybe even 270. As I gained, like anyone else I had to buy new clothes. The problem is I love clothes, and even being out of work the past year due to, well, y’know 🙄 and deciding to retire, I still love clothes and even still get dressed most days in my business casuals... dress slacks, chinos, button down shirts, polo shirts. I even wore one of my jackets to go shopping.

I would still like to get to that goal of 260 - 270, size 46-48 pants, get my belly up to a blubbery 55 - 57”. I have some room to grow into my current clothes but I think I’m subconsciously holding myself back because I may get to the point of replacing my clothes (again), which I just don’t have money for. Of course, I may only get as far as filling out my current clothes, or I’ll have to bite the bullet and put my clothes away and just get a few things that fit. After all, I don’t have to get dressed anymore. And this may all just be neurotic worrying ... I tend to do that.

But the question remains, has anyone ever held themselves back? I think of the Weird Al spoof of the Michael Jackson ‘Bad’ video. Weird Al pulls a rip cord on his clothes and he instantly blows up. I’d like to be able to pull my rip cord and let go.😆😆😆

Latest posts

Back