• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Are we just the same as a Pro-Ana site?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bexy

is red again <3

First things first ***DISCLAIMER*** THIS IS NOT MY OPINION SO PLEASE DO NOT BASH ME! I AM JUST INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT PEOPLE THINK!

i am having a hard time with a friend at the minute. he is a great friend. i love him to bits. but he is overweight and hates it, wants to lose about 4 stone or so. he doesnt like that im confident with my weight. he thinks i should want to lose to be "healthy". he totally disapproves of my doing a paysite and is doing his damn hardest to talk me out of it, as he thinks it will basically just be for people to laugh at the fat girl.

he is a lovely lovely guy, but very image conscious. he "blames" dims for my becoming a lot more accepting and loving of my body. he thinks fat=bad, even though he is overweight himself.

although he doesnt come to dims, he knows i do. he doesnt approve! he says it is just the same as a pro ana website. for those who dont know, pro ana sites promote anorexia, promote being skinny, encourage it, give hints and tips on how to lose weight and hide food etc. they also deal with admirers of very thin women, post pics, post health issues etc.

this got me to thinking. is it the same sort of thing as we have here? we have the erotic weight gain board, for those who want to be bigger, perhaps "excessively"so, gain or encourage people to gain. is it the same thing as having a board for those who want to be superskinny, lose weight, or encourage people to lose weight?

we have pic threads where we can post what we consider to be our hottest pics, so do pro ana boards.

there are some similarities, but i just cant get my head round considering our community here as being the same as a pro ana site. i despise the thought of girls being encouraged to starve, to look at emaciated pics for "thinspiration", i dislike the thought of people feeling this need to be thinner and thinner, and therefore only think of such sites in a negative way.
but not being a member of any, how can i honestly comment? how can i judge? surely its someones right to be 5 stone as much as it is my right to be 50 stone if i so desired?

so anyways, my opinion really isnt formed yet, i just wondered what people thought? and yes i know my friend sounds like an idiot lol, hes actually lovely, just very lacking in self esteem and i think he would feel reassured if i also felt that way, as opposed to feeling confident.

*Mods, if you feel this belongs in Hyde Park just pop it over there thank u!

Latest posts

Back