• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Are you invisible?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMishe

Single. Wanna mingle?
I often think about this wonderful world of "teh innertubes". Why do people post in groups and forums and blog their existences. Just the fact that you're here reading this (if anyone is) or responding, makes you part of the cyber world.

When I post here on Dims, I find it a mixed bag. I guess I "judge" myself on the feedback of my posts. If I start a thread that gets very little response, I'm disappointed. I apparently wasn't funny enough, smart enough or interesting enough. When there are follow up posts, I feel a little ... umm.. "proud" I guess is a good word. (Well aware that is is a deadly sin too! LOL). Sometimes it makes me jealous that there are others who can post or start a thread with three words and every time, before you know it, there are 100+ responses.

Anyway, this topic reminds me of the lyrics to a song called "Invisible Man" by Joshua Kadison:

(in part..)
Woke up this morning with a funny feeling,
Wasn't really sure what it was all about.
But it felt like I was dissapearing,
So I ran to the mirror to check it out.
I said, "Here I am, here I am, here I am
...but why do I feel like the invisible man?"
I stumbled back into the bedroom,
And stared up at the rising sun.
Then I heard my self shout out the window,
Not really talking to anyone,
I yelled, "Here I am, here I am, here I am
...but why do I feel like the invisivle man?"
Lights went on, people started
yelling,
"Will the crazy man go back to bed."
And there I was, laughing out my window,
Feeling much better now, somebody heard what I said.
Well it's no big thing, no revelation,
No answer to all these lives we lead.
But I think I do know one thing:
Sometimes I think we all need to say,
"Here I am, here I am, here I am."
When life makes us feel like the invisible man?

Latest posts

Back