• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Asdah - Association For Size Diveristy And Health

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaRockfordBBW

CLUB ROUND in ILLINOIS
Dear Friend or Colleague:
Whether I have known you for a long or a short time, I have come to respect your work and your views with respect to size acceptance, and/or the principles of HAES (Health At Every Size). That's why I would like you to know, if I hadn't mentioned it before, that in addition to my other political and professional activities, I am an active member in an outstanding professional organization called ASDAH (Association for Size Diversity and Health).

ASDAH was founded in 2003, and currently boasts a membership of nearly 100 individuals, primarily those with employment or volunteer work that utilize the Health at Every Size principles, or who are interested in issues related to HAES.

The reason I am writing to you today is to inform you of a membership promotion that goes until June 1, 2009 whereby you can join for the remainder of this membership year for ONLY $20.00. This will provide you with active membership through June 30, 2009 and entitles you to all membership privileges including access to the reduced member rate for the upcoming annual conference. Annual full member dues are normally $50, regardless of when you join during the membership year, so this is a good deal even if you are unable to attend the conference.

To learn more details and/or to join ASDAH please visit www.sizediversityandhealth.org. Since I joined, I have been able to network with some outstanding people via their Yahoo listserv for members only, and I’ve enjoyed receiving the quarterly newsletter. I am also looking forward to attending the annual conference, which will take place near Washington, DC from July 31-August 3 this year (conference details are also available on their website).

There is one other very good reason why I am happy to have joined ASDAH that I’d like to share with you: I like the idea that my membership supports an organization that has sufficient talent and energy to do things like sending a brief to the Obama Transition Team promoting the HAES principles, addressing discrimination, and positioning ASDAH as a resource for the new administration. Members can find that document on the ASDAH website as a downloadable pdf. Whether or not future US government public policy is influenced by the voice of reason in that brief, we never know what ripples such efforts generate to influence future policymakers.

I think this a great opportunity and I hope you consider taking advantage of this special offer by becoming a member of ASDAH.

Thanks for listening! Regards, Lisa Breisch and Bill Fabrey (ASDAH Members)

Back