• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Being fat and traveling on your own

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filly

Searching Restlessly
Single traveling... any tips?

Hi Everyone. I plan to do a bit of traveling in a few months, hopefully through parts of Southeast Asia and Central/Eastern Europe before settling in Canada for a few years. I will be doing this on my own, and was hoping to find out if anyone here had any tips on being a lone traveler who is also a BBW or SSBBW.

Last week, I had to go away for work. I have not flown for a few months, and over that time, I have put on a significant amount of weight. I could only JUST do up the seat-belt (after much effort), and I noticed that my thighs kept pushing up the arm rest a little so my ample body could spread out into the seat next to me! I also had to half hug myself so my arms didn't push the person next to me. Whilst this might seem comical to some, it was actually very uncomfortable. If I knew the person next to me I wouldn't worry, but it's a little embarrassing when you're sitting next to a complete stranger. Needless to say, the flight was pretty uncomfortable!

Now I am getting slightly anxious about how this is going to effect my travel plans. I will be spending in excess of 10 hours per flight on some days, and buying a second ticket is out of the question. Has anyone else been flying solo who has some tips? I know there is a thread on fat friendly versus fat phobic airlines, but was hoping to get some tips in general about this sort of thing.

Also, have any of you decided to travel for a few months on your own? I suppose single travel is a little daunting at the best of times, and me being worried about how my weight / size will effect my experience is just an added concern. Has anyone traveled with GAP, Topdeck or Intrepid tour companies? I'm feeling pretty nervous. I need a traveling companion hehe.

Any help or advice would be very appreciated!!!

Filly

Latest posts

Back