• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Beta readers needed please

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tankgirl

Phreakoid.
Yeah. This is ALL like shiny and new to me, and y'all prolly like, "whut?"
But I put it here cause this appears to be the place for authors to make announcements and requests. This is both.

I NEED A BETA READER!!!! Hopefully an author, but anyone's welcome ultimately. A N Y O N E.

The story is sci-fi with some science to its' fiction and some magic complementing the science. Kind of like Wizards- technology has been in part replaced by magic. Kind of like Stone of Tears- there's a school of magic, but it's more than that, and it's one of the centers of my little world. I can think of a NUMBER of books that centralize around prophecy, but that's not the only point here. Kind of like Wolfwalker and several others- there are partner animals and scouts and guides and scout-partner-animals and et cetera, but I've added more dimensions (heh) to the idea, and now even politicians have reasons to have partner animals... which I've only seen a coupla times.
Seers and oracles and the De-Des'He (the No-Faced Ones) and pirates and assassins and a coupla dragons and royalty and angels and demons and swords and crossbows and Mad Monks and seas and deserts and a forest called "Nature's F*ckUp" (loose translation) and swamps and castles and evil women and real men (and no sheep!) and some good women and blacksmiths and canoes that weren't meant to do that and... and... cats and dogs and monkeys and BLUE PEOPLE and... oh.

I don't need typo checks. Matter of fact, if you use MSWord, you might get annoyed by how little it likes my names.
I need grammar checks (unless someone TALKS like that, in which case, I'll let you know), run-on sentence fixing/machete jobs, help with continuity issues (wrong name in wrong place, where to from here, and the good old "that does not belong here" and "this should be HERE")... And whatever other advice you feel like giving. Anything. I might not agree 100% of the time, but I WILL pay attention and give suggestions the thought due them. Even outright outlandish stuff might eventually have a home.
And occasional reminders on how to use an apostrophe in conjunction with the word "it". >.< Think I f'd that up anyway. Oh well.
It is NON-WG/BB-whatever. There WILL be a BHM but it's not going to be all that. Several BBWs, again, not all that. It's not related, period.
But I don't know where else to ask since all the other sites I found secretly want money for their advice. Assholes. >.< Here's a forum! Look what you can do! Look what other people have written and the ADVICE they got! Register HERE so you can post too! (Oh, by the way, we want $25 a month.)

So.... I'm here. At this forum, that seems to have reorganized itself so I'm not even feared of getting yelled at for being off topic! Yay! Where it's free and I seem to remember a lot of cool people! Yay!
*thinks*
LOTS of beta readers!! Not one! M A N Y!!! SHARE THE JOY!!!

Don't do the whole "well it sounds cool but everyone else probably saw it and volunteered five days ago so nevermind" thing. Just holler! I'll take all of you! (It's the internet, I can do that.) PM or email or YIM me and I'll send you what there is. It's a reasonably small (fifth or sixteenth or thirty-third rewrite and I haven't rewritten much) *.RTF file with minimal formatting, just like I've been told is good.
Oh, and it's gonna be one of those long bastards eventually.

Remember- YIM lies about my online status. I don't mind saying that here.

SOMEONE PLEASE take me up this thing, this is the request for the library side. I've been asking around offline and I have found that I know NO readers. >.< Damn R U T#3R3 generation. >.< Damn c u l8r generation. Damn Gen Y. Damn my lack of a ten key so I can make my normal faces! >.< I'm actually hoping for a coupla Gen X'ers on this one... Ain't I weird. And of course older is welcome. 9.9 Why the hell am I saying all this.... JUST SAY YES!!

Fair warning: This post is subject to once-daily *bumping* if (and only if) I see responses but this keeps falling off the front page. If I get nothing, I'll quit *bumping*. When I get enough responses I'll quit *bumping*. BUT I WILL *BUMP*. You were warned.

By the way, I'd just post the thing here, but I'm really out of the loop, and don't want to get yelled at or lose my own post cause it got moved. o_O That's happened.

And for those that remember me from "The Journal" (and if you have no clue GO READ IT!!!), I DID finish it, but that computer crashed like ZOWIE! so after I get all my other files back I'll get it posted. Also finished "What If" (I forgot what I called it here but that's its' filename iirc), and there are a few I didn't get a chance to post here, so I will. ^.^

*blink*

Latest posts

Back