• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Beth Ditto says something awesome, as usual

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waxwing

Reckless Hero
I mentioned punk band The Gossip before; there was a rumor going around that British retailer Top Shop was courting lead singer Beth Ditto for a possible design job. Turns out they were just approaching the band to play some in-store gigs, but this is Beth's kick-ass response on the issue:

"Give me the job. I want to design, I want you to make clothes for big girls, big boys, I want you to make big sizes. I don't want just your money or the cred of hanging out with Kate Moss, which is fine, but it's not want I want in life. I want more. I want what she gets. I don't think it's fair to put my face somewhere where they would never let me in there to wear their clothes. I want the respect that Kate Moss gets [Moss designs a line of clothing for Top Shop]....[Top Shop] don't want to dress people that look like me, that have a normal body, a bigger body, whatever. I mean I don't really know why they want The Gossip to do things for them, I don't understand because if they saw me in the street they'd never give me the time of day. I like me, I think that other girls like me, they need people like me, people who feel really strongly and will say no."

She rambles a little, but what a great tough response. I also like that she didn't bash Moss but instead made the point that the store needs to represent ALL body types. Good on her.

Latest posts

Back