• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Between Two Ferns: Has Obama Jumped the Shark?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
What about Zach Galifianakis? It's very interesting, almost as if this was the intent of the series along. However, if that was the case, I would then have to admit the plan was more brilliant than its execution.

To be fair, some of the episodes were a particularly difficult act to follow. Bruce Willis, I think, was one of the better ones, just in how effortlessly he seemed to sell his "character." Ben Stiller was another one, very believable in his 'utter disdain.' Sean Penn as well.

As, obviously, the President is not a professional actor. And I would even wonder if Galifianakis was a bit intimidated, not fully comfortable to just work his craft. (I also would've like to have seen Galifianakis with his hair a bit shorter, more like he's needs a haircut than he's just some Hollywood guy growing his hair out. At least just for this). Then you have to factor in timing: it's not like Obama has all day to be doing take after take after take. Which, I have to think, could've better maximized this golden opportunity.

But, in spite of all of that, I felt the jokes were mostly good, well-written. Quite apropos to what they were trying to get across. But, for me, it just makes it stand out so much further that it would've been better to tweak that sequence a bit. Give both players more time to more authentically work up to the full-on insults.

Latest posts

Back