• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

big guy confidence

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njkid

I know this may seem all too redundant, but there are some things that I've been pondering:

1. It used to be taboo (some may say it still is) for a white man to date a black woman (or vice/versa). Does anyone notice this trend with thin and fat people? Is it just me, or are fat people only allowed to date other fat people? Is it so bad for a thin person to oggle over a fat person (again, vice/versa).

I noticed one member posted about hitting on a big guy at her local grocery store, and he got frightened away. I think differences are the glue of strong relationships, so why do so many people shun inter-body type relationships?

2. My bf tells me all the time that I'm no light-weight myself when I point out that his pants look a little puffy, or that his shirt won't tuck all the way under his belly. I generally don't lack confidence in the way I dress. I wear shorts in the summer, and sometimes I'll even wear one of those (really gay, I know) french connection t-shirts that shows off my not-so-manly-chest. But my bf will RARELY ever wear shorts. I've maybe seen him in a bathing suit twice, in his backyard. I might lose a limb if I ever tried to take him to the beach, and he would never think about taking off his shirt anyway. I tell him all the time how attractive I find him. I buy him nice clothes all the time, which sometimes boosts his confidence, but in the end, I feel like I do very little to make him feel good about his appearance.

My problem is that I think sometimes I wear down his confidence by telling him how much I like his *fat.* I don't think that's the kind of thing that alot of big guys want to hear "Your belly is so gorgeous!!" On the other end of the spectrum, he can only have so many old women at work tell him he has "such a handsome face."

Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to boost a big guy's confidence while trying to completely avoid one of the things you're most attracted to?

3. As I sit here typing this post, reading it aloud to myself, is there any way I can stop feeling like Carrie from Sex and the City (one of my few gay vices)? I might as well be laying on top of a big pink fluffy bed with a little laptop in Manhattan. (Fortunately, I don't have a shoe problem, nor do I have a big pink fluffy bed).

4. This is something I learned from my (straight) brother. My bro is one of those guys into leggy European women. When he goes out with his leggy European wife, sometimes he will point out women that he finds attractive, and get his wife's opinion. Has anyone ever done this with their bhm?

I do it sometimes. I realize that my situation is a little different from straight folks, but I love getting a reaction from my partner-in-crime when I point out a guy with a nice ass or a cute belly.

Other times, when we are out with friends, he will wait 'til we see a really large guy and save me the trouble of pointing him out. He sometimes tries to embarass me and tells our friends how much I probably want to get into said guy's large pants. I usually turn beet red, but I can't deny what I find attractive (side note: I'm completely monagamous, but both of us love to look).

time to sit back and wait.

Latest posts

Back