• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Big People in Small Biz

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilkyAngela

runs with scissors
I'm just curious how many big folks we have here who are entreprenuers in small business. I've been on a personal quest to learn the effects of self/size acceptance in the careers and professions of fat people.

Can accepting one's size and body actually increase his or her ability to succeed in the professional world? OR Can success in one's career help one feel more confident (or at least less critical) about one's size? I think being self assured is something that spills over into most every area, but I'm doing an article for one of my blogs on the topic of successful plus size small biz owners and thought a post here may help me gain some insight.

So....if you are a small biz owner and a big people :D, please share:

1. What is your small biz, what services or products do you provide?
2. Does your business cater to plus size people or people of all sizes?
3. Before starting your business, how would you rate your self-esteem on a scale of 1-10, 1 being very low esteem and 10 being very high esteem?
4. What prompted you to start your own business?
5. How long has your business operated?
6. How would you rate your self-esteem now and can you identify other areas of your life where your self-esteem has improved?
7. Does your size affect your relationships with your clients/customers? If you feel it does, is the effect positive or negative? Please elaborate.
8. If you could offer any advice to a new small business owner about matters of size and business, what would that advice be?

I appreciate any and all input on this. :)

Latest posts

Back