Blond men vs Dark haired men - What do you prefer?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

What hair color do you prefer on men?

• Blond or fair

• Dark brown or black

Results are only viewable after voting.

JenFromOC

Awesome.
Ryōri;1107636 said:
You know they are saying natural blonde's will no longer exsist in 50 or so years. So who wants to keep the blondes in exsistance with me :p
What? We're going to be extinct? Shit!

Tad

mostly harmless
Wow, looking at the current results, it really does look like the 'dark' does belong in the old phrase of 'tall, dark, and handsome' being what women are generally looking for.

Heh, good thing there are enough exceptions out there!

-Ed (fair-ish, short-ish, and unprepossessing-ish....and the first of his friends to get married)

bremerton

uses ALL the buffalo
i tend to be more attracted to dark haired guys, but i'm currently dating the most adorable strawberry-blond-ish guy :D
so... both?

Olga_NYC

Wow, looking at the current results, it really does look like the 'dark' does belong in the old phrase of 'tall, dark, and handsome' being what women are generally looking for.

Heh, good thing there are enough exceptions out there!

-Ed (fair-ish, short-ish, and unprepossessing-ish....and the first of his friends to get married)

Aww :)

That's true, there are exceptions. Look at Brad Pitt, Leo DiCaprio, Matt Damon. There are many fair male stars out there, but it's true that most women tend to go for the dark guys.

Evolutionary psychologists say that darkness is associated with masculinity because men produce more melanine than women (all things being equal), so it's an instinctive reaction to want a guy darker than the self.

Of course, that doesn't make us non-blonde ladies masculine LOL. There are many other traits that have to do with femininity, besides blondness.

I will try to post one of those studies when I find them again. They're interesting to read. There are also studies about women's preference for masculine (rugged) facial traits versus softer ones in men. I once again don't agree with the majority as I like my guys "pretty" LOL :doh:

Tad

mostly harmless
A quick "Hi and welcome to Dimensions" to Bremerton (Bre?) You didn't think you could slip in unnoticed, did you? *L*

Olga: I'd love to see the studies, I adore that sort of thing. I know I've seen similar studies about other traits, like height (no surprise that most women prefer tall men, but it was interesting that on average men seemed to prefer short women), and I think I've seen something about face shapes, like you mentioned. Also I recall one talking about how men prefered fairer hued women, with the explanation that most people are more fair when they are young, so there is an association of fairness with youth, and most guys tend to prefer youthfulness in women.

The thing with all of these things is that they are statistical studies, never absolutes. So just like there are FA in any type of group you choose to name, there are always those who don't go for particular coloring, height, or whatever else.

Although come to think of it, maybe not being of the most popular body type made me more apt to marry early? That is, when I knew I was with an awesome woman I was perhaps less apt to keep looking, as at some level perhaps I didn't expect to find someone that special again? Then again, I was always relationship-minded, so which is the chicken, which is the egg, and which came first?

Hmmmm, and thinking about 'masculine' markers, I was studying engineering when I met my wife, which is still mostly a male area for whatever reason, I wonder if that could have, at some level, counterbalanced some of the other things in her perception?

liz (di-va)

I love blonde men.

Frankly, it's something that helped me understand how it is that dudes like fat chicks when that was a new concept for me. Because: me liking blondes isn't particularly rational (when are preferences ever rational); I don't know what "caused" it (my first bf in elementary school was blond--but I don't know if he was the chicken or the egg); there aren't tons of blondes in my family; and seeing a blonde dude can sometimes make my head whip around before I have a chance to think about it. It's just this thing. So much so that when the name of this thread caught my eye tonight, and I clicked on it, I discovered I had already voted. But forgot. :blush: I really really need to arrange a Scandinavian FA/BBW exchange program.

Having said that...because I am also a chick (generalizing terribly here, do 'scuse), I have been genuinely attracted to men of many different looks. Blonde hair's definitely not a pre-req. Just a preference. Just nice...frosting :). Really no clue why.

p.s. This can make watching movies a little funny. Because bad guys--of a certain kind--are often these weird blonde creatures that are supposed to turn you off, but I always end up thinking "oooo!" Which I guess isn't entirely different from FAs seeing a fat person in a movie who's supposed to be "unattractive" but thinking...."ooo!" instead.

OneHauteMama

Definitely dark hair for me. I don't know why...it's just more appealing to me. My ex-husband is dark blonde... I just really really like dark hair on a guy. Not to say I couldn't fall for a fair-haired man, but in general I prefer it dark...

Hair length is a whole different ball game. I like it long, short, bald, whatever...depends on the guy wearing it.

And as for red, I'm really not a fan of the burning bush, if you catch my drift.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama

Found Mr. Right...I hope.
I seem to prefer blonds, don't know why though, in my stories I write my characters are usually blond males. My ex was a natural red head though it had turned darker as he grew up, when he was a kid he had flaming red hair, now it's more like a brown colour. That's not to say I wouldn't look twice at a dark haired guy, I have an attraction to Asian guys too. So I guess both? :wubu: Even though I chose blond in the poll choice.:)

OneHauteMama

What no love for us follically challenged? I hereby filibuster this vote! ;p

LMAO..."follically challenged"...that's cute...

Apparently, God only made a certain number of perfect heads...the rest, he covered with hair. ;)

To answer your question, I have an attraction to shaved heads and my sister does as well...shaved head with a goatee mmmmmm...:eat2::smitten:. I know there are others out there who do as well.

Maybe there should be a separate poll?

scorpioinco

What's meant to be, will
I appreciate the sentiment but my head is far from perfect, I think I emit my own gravity from it, I keep finding squirrels and other small animals stuck to it. ;p Seriously though, I have seen some heads that should probably be left covered so I know what you mean, the cartoon hey arnold popped into my head just now, lol. There are guys I couldn't even imagine with hair also, like vin deisel or the guy from the shield michael chillkis.

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
LMAO..."follically challenged"...that's cute...

Apparently, God only made a certain number of perfect heads...the rest, he covered with hair. ;)

To answer your question, I have an attraction to shaved heads and my sister does as well...shaved head with a goatee mmmmmm...:eat2::smitten:. I know there are others out there who do as well.

Maybe there should be a separate poll?

ya same here...I am 2000% attracted to SHAVED / BALDIES with goatees or other interesting facial hair FIRST and FOREMOST!!!

I never bothered to even open this thread before now..that's why

Latest posts