• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Call it whatever you want

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
You may choose to characterize it as "a war on women." You may not. But women consistently get paid less than men for doing the same job, partly because it's legal to base a new hire's starting pay on what that person was paid in his/ her last job. So it's circular.

And some commentators are saying that the apparent increase of sexual assaults on college campuses are a myth, because guys know that no doesn't really mean know; there is always a workaround.

And in the last 25 years, knowing that there will be no Supreme Court level overturning of Roe v. Wade, opponents of reproductive choices have steadily made it logistically much more difficult to obtain an abortion.

They have been concentrating on misogynistic, insulting "workarounds," such as laws that say that not only must a woman who wishes to have an abortion first receive an ultrasound, she must not cover her ears or eyes or turn her head to avoid looking at the images. And the transvaginal ultrasound that sank Gov. Bob McDonnell in Virginia. And the infamous 72-hour waiting period between the time you report to the clinic and the time the procedure can be performed. Which, if your nearest clinic is seven hours away, means either multiple fourteen-hour round trip drives, or staying (probably sleeping in your car) in place for three days, probably losing your job in the process and God help you if you have any other family members to care for. All on the insulting and misogynistic premise that the woman in question has not already given the matter a phenomenal amount of thought. An abortion is not an impulse buy.

Note the "mission creep" of the image below.

As I've said, you don't have to call it a war. It's probably not that organized or concentrated, and I will concede that I'm sure some people working to limit access to abortion really believe they are working in all women's best interests.

But I am dismayed at the mission creep this chart shows.

*Disclaimer: I am well aware that this chart comes from the Alan Guttmacher Institute and the ACLU. I fully expect some folks to dismiss the figures on that basis. That's fine. I'm just thinking out loud here.

View attachment reproduction.png

Latest posts

Back