Calvin & Hobbes search engine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

thirtiesgirl

frumious bandersnatch
Meh. "Server temporarily unavailable." Guess I'll just have to sit here and make faces.

cseriousart.jpg

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
I wonder if they were already told to stop linking the images? It found the strips when I typed in the right words, in that it gave me the full text of the strip, but the image links were all broken :(

If they ever get to link to the strips, it will be all the justification ever needed for the internet!

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
It was linked to on Fark and Reddit so the server's probably getting a shitload of traffic right now. It'll likely be spotty for a day or two, sadly. :(

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
One of my many favorites has to do with what they like about girls, so I typed in 'whiskers' and there it was.

Genius. Pure undiluted genius.

Ho Ho Tai

Your life is about to get so much better.

http://michaelyingling.com/random/calvin_and_hobbes/

You can search for any C+H strip. This might be one of the best contributions to mankind since Calvin & Hobbes itself.

During the days of our courtship and the early years of our marriage, we referred to each other with such appellations as Pooh and Tigger, and also Calvin and Hobbes. Somehow the metaphors got mixed, and tummies just had to get into it. Then suddenly there was our-favorite-for-all-time C&H cartoon with just the right image and phrase. I just entered 'tiger tummy' into the C&H search engine and came up with this: the only entry using that phrase.

07 JAN 1989
" There's something magical about having a fire. The crackles and snaps, the warm flickering light... everything always seems safe and cozy if you're sitting in front of a fire. And if you've got a hot tiger tummy to lie against, ... WELL! Calvin is warming his hands by the fire. He says there's something magical about having a fire. He comments on the crackles and snaps, the warm, flickering light. He says everything seems safe and cozy if you're sitting in front of a fire. He sits back against Hobbes, who's sleeping on the floor. He says it's even better when you have a hot tiger tummy to lie against. "

The artwork didn't emerge, but that's OK. We have the COMPLETE C&H just feet away in our bookcase. I have to say that the original caption is more succinct, pithy and memorable.

I have to say also that, after more than twenty years, a warm tiger (or tigger) tummy works just as well as ever.

Latest posts