• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Can I help my girlfriend to love and accept her body?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crikeymate

My girlfriend has what I find a very attractive body. She is chubby (has been her whole life really) and has curves. While I love her body she really hates it. I'm just wondering how, if at all, I can help her feel comfortable in her own body.

I often tell her she's beautiful and sexy. Not in a way that focuses on her chubbiness though, I feel like that would just draw attention to the part of herself she dislikes and make her feel worse. But she believes that only skinny girls are attractive. She still sometimes thinks I only told her I like bigger girls to make her feel better about herself. She wants to lose weight and be skinny. That is fine, it is her body and I'll always love her for who she is.

She is also one of those people who are just naturally chubby, they lose weight but as soon as they stop trying it all goes back on. That's one of the reasons I feel like, for her sake, she'd be happier if she were to accept herself for how she is. I can forsee a life of yo-yo dieting and subsequent frustration and sadness :(

I realise probably there is not much I can do except be there for her. She's had years of self-body-hate and social programming and media influence telling her thin is the only way to be beautiful. Hoping there's anyone on her who can offer any advice or perspective. The perspective of anyone in her kind of position would be most insightful.

Latest posts

Back