Quantcast

Christmas Bakery 2019 & 2020

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Orchid

Very nice bakery. One of my german cookbooks has a gingerbread house for cover but never made it.
Most years if health is reasonable I bake fruitcake. This year I bake 2 fruitcakes, one is slightly smaller. No pictures. I use the light fruitcake recipe by Tess Mallos from her cookbook Cooking in Colour. I vary the dried fruits and age it with sherry, just added sherry just now to the fruitcakes. I baked them last sunday and added sweet sherry when they had cooled off so this is 2nd time and next two sundays I add more sherry.
When DD gets home from college I will bake her favorite chocolate cake.
Later this afternoon I bake some ginger cookies they are very warming so sort of medicinal food.

AmyJo1976

DM Supporter
Very nice bakery. One of my german cookbooks has a gingerbread house for cover but never made it.
Most years if health is reasonable I bake fruitcake. This year I bake 2 fruitcakes, one is slightly smaller. No pictures. I use the light fruitcake recipe by Tess Mallos from her cookbook Cooking in Colour. I vary the dried fruits and age it with sherry, just added sherry just now to the fruitcakes. I baked them last sunday and added sweet sherry when they had cooled off so this is 2nd time and next two sundays I add more sherry.
When DD gets home from college I will bake her favorite chocolate cake.
Later this afternoon I bake some ginger cookies they are very warming so sort of medicinal food.
This brings back great memories. I Used to make Gingerbread Houses with my grandma around Christmas. I remember it being so much fun!

Orchid

Later this morning baking a trial batch of cookies, using my diy cocoa mix which was inspired by recipes in the old Sunset cookbooks from the 1970s. In a empty instant coffee jar I mix 2/3 cocoa powder 1/3 instant coffee add powdered cinnamon, a little nutmeg, ginger, a small bit of seasalt, few spoons brown sugar mix all together. To use as hot cocoa add to hot milk stir well, optional add marshmallow on top.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Later this morning baking a trial batch of cookies, using my diy cocoa mix which was inspired by recipes in the old Sunset cookbooks from the 1970s. In a empty instant coffee jar I mix 2/3 cocoa powder 1/3 instant coffee add powdered cinnamon, a little nutmeg, ginger, a small bit of seasalt, few spoons brown sugar mix all together. To use as hot cocoa add to hot milk stir well, optional add marshmallow on top.
Oh that sounds good - I'll try that... thanks for sharing!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
*uncontrolled drooling for the month of December *

It all looks so good! Right now all that shortbread has my attention most, but that will no doubt change every time I go through the pictures.

I only make one cookie for the season, because they are ones my wife likes. Sort of a chocolate shortbread ball with glace cherries inside. Nothing very interesting to look at.

Latest posts