Classical Music Appreciation

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I thought, perhaps, that it deserved its own thread, since it is something of a niche interest.
I'll prime the pump, so to speak.

Vivaldi: L'estro armonico Concerto No.10 in B-minor for 4 violins

Last edited:

Barrett

DM Supporter
Bach: Concerto for Two Violins in D-minor -- Anne-Sophie Mutter + Nancy Zhou + Noa Wildschut

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
Wonderful thread!

This was used in the movie The Mission (very well known). The first time I heard it (eons ago), I remember bawling my eyes out. It's beyond moving. The cello is my favorite classical instrument. I wish I had learned to play it. Love me some Yo Yo Ma 💕🎶🎻

Gabriel's Oboe, The Falls ~ Ennio Morricone

BigElectricKat

If you are bored or in need of some convo, PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Wonderful thread!

This was used in the movie The Mission (very well known). The first time I heard it (eons ago), I remember bawling my eyes out. It's beyond moving. The cello is my favorite classical instrument. I wish I had learned to play it. Love me some Yo Yo Ma 💕🎶🎻

The Mission starring Robert DeNiro?

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter
^yes

She has become one of my favorite coloratura sopranos. Such crystal clear notes 🔔

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Possibly my favourite piece.

Yes, because of Dracula. 👿

This is up there in my favourites list. I can't listen to it without getting choked up.
I was given surprise tickets to see the Russian State Ballet for my 30th, to see Swan Lake. I had to constantly keep holding my breath throughout the performance, because I didn't want anyone to know that I was crying from the start. When this piece started, I thought that my heart would explode into my throat.

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Wonderful thread!

I love the cello too, B! The piece below is played in the movie, Truly, Madly, Deeply. Alan Rickman plays a cellist and oh, it's so beautiful! We should add it to our movie night list. :)

Barrett

DM Supporter
My favourite piece of music. My taste in music can be just as heavy as my taste in men...

That's a great performance of that piece!
I love Bach's works for organ and harpsichord.

Last edited:

Latest posts