• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Clothing - A rant and a question.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boompoet

It is no secret that big men can easily look sloppy and unkempt if their clothes don't fit well and they're not groomed properly. Recently I've put on weight (unintentionally) and I'm up over 300 pounds now. I would like to be at 240 which on me is still big but I think a little tighter. Anyway, the point is... how do we as BHM find clothing that fits right without paying an arm and a leg. At rochesterclothing.com one can pay 300 bucks for a shirt. At casualmale.com it's a similar story, though the prices are more modest. I have to give credit where it is due. I will say, I was looking for a rugby shirt and found one at Casual Male for $98.00. It's ridiculous. Are they charging us for the extra cloth? :doh:

My issue is not only with the prices, but with styles. There are some fabric and / or print choices on some of these shirts that are just insane. Some clowns wouldn't go out in public wearing some of this stuff. It's like fashion designers are saying, “Let's see how bad we can make them look before they stop buying the clothes.” Apparently we don't stop buying the clothes, otherwise they'd have gotten the message. I want a nice linen sport shirt or silk camp shirt or maybe a high thread count dress shirt. Not two hundred bucks worth of loudly colored, wildly printed, and incredibly gaudy potato sack. Thats right, I said it. Well, technically I alluded to it.

Everything is shapeless. Six rectangles sewn together does not a shirt make. Thin men can wear excessively tailored shirts with fitting at the waist. Unless we want to pop a button when we sit (which I have done and injured someone... true story), we have to buy clothing that is to big. Big clothes on a big man is NOT COOL! :mad: The extra fabric just lends itself to making us look sloppy. I don't enjoy looking sloppy. I want to look good. I want to look professional.

Onwards and downwards to the pants. I fluctuate between a 42” and a 44” waist and I have a 32” inseam. I wear one of the most common sizes in pants or at least this is the conclusion I have come to as I can never find the waist / inseam combination on store shelves. When I do wear pants in the correct size, they fall down. All damn day I'm pulling my pants up. I am not a plumber and never wish to be confused for one. I wear a belt, but there again, doesn't seem to help. Not only that, but I seem to go through belts pretty quickly... they twist. That's right, they twist right in front. I'm assuming it's the leather accommodating the gut when the top of the pants roll over. How does one stop this from happening? What are the mechanics behind it? Please, oh God, tell me that suspenders are not the only way!

While some of the women here may think of some of these problems as sexy, I personally would like to respectfully disagree. BHM can be sexy without being overt, just as a woman can accentuate her curves and leave something to the imagination. The question I put to my brethren here as well as the beautiful women of the board who I am sure have shopped for big men before is this:

Where can I finally find the clothing I want to wear at prices that won't kill and in styles that are fashionable?

Subquestion just for the guys – Where do you wear your pants (or what do you measure as your waist for pants purposes), above or below the belly?

Latest posts

Back