• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

cost of food, lately

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sangeluna

Has anyone else had to stop gaining, or even allow your weight to drop, because of the increasing cost of food? I'm not a natural fat gainer in the first place, since I burn about 40% more calories doing any given activity than most people at the same hight and weight.

So with prices up these days, I'm having to let my weight drop because I really can't afford to keep eating enough to maintain my current size. And I'm not willing to ask for food donations or money for food, since I can still afford to get enough food to remain at a healthy -- if 15 lbs lower, and less cuddly -- weight.

And there are so many in my community who've lost their jobs, or are facing mortgage trouble, or have health care costs, not to mention the price of gas, and they can't afford to eat enough healthy food. The rising food costs are affecting our local food banks, too, and I understand that people on food stamps are going to have to wait even longer for some relief from the federal govt. because when Congress sent the Farm Bill to the president to veto, they made a copying error and he ended up vetoing the wrong bill. So now Congress has to start all over again, and this probably means food stamps relief is yet another month away.

So I'm having an attack of conscience, I guess. Outside of the Dims community I would never say this (because I'd probably get clobbered by BBWs and BHMs who don't think of themselves as being the beautiful people they are) but I have to say that those of you who put on weight easily are really, really lucky!

Hugs,
Henna ...who wishes she had a camera to take pics before her weight drops off. :(

Latest posts

Back