• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Course on "Obesity Economics"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia

Whenever we assert that our bodies are no one else's business, someone pulls out the old, familiar economic bomb -- noting that obesity raises healthcare spending and thus affects all consumers. It's an argument that I've been repeatedly unable to counter, and I believe that it hurts our ability to advance the size diversity movement more than any other factor.

A Johns Hopkins online course, "Principles of Obesity Economics," is being offered free on "Coursera." Learning how the economics-based argument is constructed may help advocates counter it more effectively. I won't be taking it, but perhaps some of you will. If you do, please share your experiences.

Course Description

Latest posts

Back