• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

"Creative Spark"

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
I read a few articles recently talking about the "creative spark". Most things I read tend to use words like that, or "inspiration". Something gentle, uprising...like a cloud, all wispy and pretty.

I wonder; how many of us writers feel that? What does your own inspiration feel like?

For example....To be honest, although I take a great deal of satisfaction in writing, it isn't a happy, relaxing, or uplifting jaunt.

Once an idea comes to me, my brain starts obsessively circling it, filling in the plot, developing characters about two months before I get the opportunity to put it on paper.

Then, as I begin writing, I become more in more involved, almost feeling like the creative spirit is riding me to the finish. Its relentless and exhausting. (Conversely, if I don't finish, it bothers me FOREVER...and yet finishing an old story is as unpleasant as trying to get back into bath water that has gone tepid. I can do it, but not without a grimace.) In order for my characters to be real, they almost ghost write with me...which is exhausting, but for me is the 'only' way.

The writing process takes weeks, or months...Once I finish, I feel like I've spent far too much time near a good friend, and I feel the release from that story and characters with a sort of ecstasy. Because it really almost feels like I have been released from fetters.

I'm curious as to how do each of you feels your own inspiration? Regardless of source....is it exciting, annoying, uplifting? How does the story writing process 'feel' to you?

Latest posts

Back