• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Dads and Food Issues

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBHMS

default title
Since I've been laid up with strep for the past few days, I've been reading more Dims then usual and noticed something.

It seems there are many posters on here who have had either bad or non existent relationships with their fathers. There is a thread on "Mothers, Daughters, and Obesity" but I've been ruminating on the affect that fathers have, particularly on their daughters eating habits and relationship to food.

I know my own ED is in part due my father's hang ups about weight and my appearance. I have seen others post about similar experiences. So, does anyone else think that fathers can affect their daughter's relationship to food/eating/body image possibly even more strongly than a mother can? The CW is that a girl's first contact with men is her dad, and she would naturally look to him for approval and develop her sense of self from his approval or disapproval, and probably adjust her behaviour to please him.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back