• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Dims Advertisements...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eightyseven

Ridiculous.
I know it costs money to run a website... so many times advertisements are necessary and I completely understand that. Today, though, I was really appalled at the nature of some of the advertising when I was casually viewing a thread.

I'm not positive as to how this works, but some advertisements on this website look like search results from Yahoo or Google. Since this is a website that is centered around fat (people, admiration, issues, activism, acceptance, etc.) the advertisements all contain the word "Fat" in them. There were four small, similar looking advertisements I saw today. Two were fine... one about plus-sized clothing and one about BBW personals. The other two were shocking to find in a place like Dimensions. The first was entitled "My Spouse is Fat" and had a short blurb about diet counseling and such. The second had something to do with a diet pill or program that used VERY offensive language.

Is there a way to control these sorts of advertisements? Has anyone else noticed these? I know myself and many others come to this website because it's almost a haven from the real world and being barraged by others and the media to lose weight or change who you are. And now we can't even escape that here? I know it brings the site money, but there has to be a way to control what's being advertised.

Latest posts

Back