• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Do you Make The Best Of What you Have?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DdeelishUK

Hi everyone

Sorry for starting a new thread as a Newbie but as I was replying to the thread on Feminity vs Fat - and I realised I was diversifying on to my thoughts on how some large/fat women do not do them selves or other BBWs any favours by presenting themselves to society in less then desirable dress and hygiene - so I removed the pertaining text from my Feminity reply and decided to ask the question here?

Do You Make The Best Of What You Have?

In other words do you make sure your dress attire and cleanliness is of a respectable standard before you venture out the door?

And do you behave respectfully when out?

OK...so I explain my thoughts...

When I see fat girls in joggers - dirty T-shirts - flip flops and unwashed hair - it makes me angry and sad at the same time as they are not doing themselves or other BBW/SSBBWs any favours - we have a hard enough path to tread in society as it is without making it seem as if fat-hater comments are justified.. I have recently overheard men discussing a big girl walking down the road whose standard of hygiene and dress has been appalling and they have immediately categorised all large/fat women into her standards... ie Jesus see her!!! Fat women are just so bloody ugly/smelly/scruffy aren't they!!! Who would want to sleep with that????

I have seen large/fat women wear clothes totally inappropiate or very unflattering for them - I have seen them wear excessive makeup - crazy hair LOL - all sorts that does not make them alluring and attractive but sadly frumpish - dirty or trashy

the other thing I have noticed over the years is that some big girls seem to think they need to act loud and vulgar to get attention??? I cringe when I hear a big girl swearing - smoking rollups and asking fellas if they want to shag or what LOL - maybe the way I was brought up but in my book that doesn't attract the men long term :)

Now I KNOW thin women do this as well but because we sadly live in a fatism society I feel we must make the best of what we have and be happy with our best and like and love our best - otherwise how can we expect others to like and love us too :)

So I wondered what both the men and the women thought of overall attire and hygiene in big girls and whether they felt more big girls should learn to make the best of themselves and also whether we are overall you feel the need to stand out with conversation or dress to get the attention every person deserves in life?

PS... by the way I just wanted to make a point about using the term fat girl.... I don't see fat as a bad or derogatory word (I know of a lot worse LOL) - to me I am fat - I accept I am fat - you call me fat and the reply is - yes I am...and your point? The word FAT has no hold over me hence why I use the term freely in my speech - so please don't see it as if I am being unpleasant or rude - fat is just a descriptive word - nothing else :wubu:

Latest posts

Back