Do you order groceries?

Discussion in 'Daily Living' started by moore2me, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Jan 26, 2015 #21

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

The UPS guy doesn't stay around long enough to get a tip.

2. Jan 26, 2015 #22

EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess

Before you try hit me up on face book, they have some good sign up deals and if they are expired, they do referral $$ to both parties

3. Nov 29, 2015 #23

Orchid

Orchid

Orchid

I order groceries few times a year. Unable to travel to shop at grocery shops abroad which was a vacation/holiday activity I really liked, to bring back spices, jams , teas, cookies, etc for my kitchen. Unable to grocery shop where I live too tiring.
    I order from www.allyouneedfresh.com which delivers to several european countries. They have lots of nice teas ,chocolates so around the holidays like xmas I order online from them.Allthough site is in german you can browse items. Neuheiten = new products.

4. Mar 18, 2016 #24

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

luvmybhm

waiting for spring!

i also post on a garden forum. one of the guys on there ordered meat through a company called zaycon. he says the meat is awesome and a better deal than the stores. you order online and get a conf number. then they pick a delivery point in your area, a giant refridge truck pulls up and gives you your order. goes from the fridge truck to your cooler. no middle man.

they do have services in the charlotte area, so i signed up. i am going to order the hamburger and see how it goes. it is much cheaper on there for the extra lean than it is in the stores here.

not sure they cover every area, but here is the link in case anyone is interested.

https://www.zayconfresh.com/

5. Apr 5, 2016 #25

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

squeezablysoft

I'm going to sign up for Amazon Prime, since they discount for college kids. Cheap, convenient way to supplement the dining common food with some yummy dorm snacks, plus get school supplies, toiletries and the like.

6. May 16, 2017 #26

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

To revive this thread!!!!

I have ordered from:

Freshdirect- they have great products, wonderful selection of local and organic things. The prices can be high on a lot of things, specially meat. The sales are good at times. I've used them almost exclusively for about 3 years. They have great customer service and with a $70 delivery pass you get free delivery for 6 months of orders over 30 bucks. Here in NY they deliver alcohol, flowers and party catering types of things. Cons: product selection for national brands is not great and they don't always have new and trendy products. They also deliver in boxes which need to be recycled.

Peapod: Except for sale items I have found them very expensive, you can't shop from their store sales, and the fees are high unless they have a coupon code. They also don't always carry the same things as the stores.

Amazon prime pantry: best deal on tide pods, when they have a coupon you can get 70 pods for 15.99. I find that they often don't have everything I want but like the tide you can find some great deals. Biggest con is that I hate their boxes. They are heavy and you have to open them to get to the cart handle. Hate that they are left in your doorstep. I only order from them rarely and only for great deals.

ShopRite: this is my second favorite after fresh direct!!!! You can shop the sales. Things are not overpriced like peapod, and the variety is great. The delivery and handling charges are over 17.00 but worth it to me for the variety. Cons for me are th limited delivery times I can get.

I'm interested if anyone had tried Holla?

7. May 24, 2017 #27

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man

I've been considering Blue Apron.

8. May 29, 2017 #28

plushkitty

plushkitty

plushkitty

I actually like grocery shopping, but I can't drive (epilepsy) and public transit is a joke around here. So I've ordered groceries online a few times. My favorite for dry goods is actually Vitacost. Yeah, they carry a lot of health food, but they also carry hard to find items like my favorite flavor of Pretzel Crisps, decent matcha tea, and almond paste suitable for making pignoli cookies at a reasonable price. The first time I found my beloved Pretzel Crisps on Vitacost I ordered like ten bags... I can only imagine what the order fulfillment people thought of that!

9. Jun 25, 2018 #29

da3ley

da3ley

da3ley

I do order groceries sometimes through Walmart, or Amazon Fresh. I do it sometimes because it's kind of difficult depending on how I feel to get around town. I do have a vehicle, but sometimes I am unable to find a motorized cart to go into shop as I have had 2 back injuries and my weight 520lbs almost makes it impossible to spend a full hour or so in the store just shopping with a regular card. I was actually please with Amazon Fresh. They didn't charge for the actual delivery of the groceries and the items were fresh.

10. Jun 25, 2018 #30

da3ley

da3ley

da3ley

I have used Blue Apron to teach my girls to cook. Its not too bad at all. It's quite fun as well. They give you the illustrated pictorial recipe cards, the ingredients which are fresh, and they all come wrapped up in their own little containers, or bottles, and packages.

To me, they make the best portions as well. Not too much or too little, but perfect sizes. You can also pick out your own recipes. Now the price is what can kill you if you don't have the funds.

11. Sep 13, 2018 #31

Lizzie_Jones

Lizzie_Jones

Lizzie_Jones

I used to shop online but have since moved 2 blocks from a organic local foods grocery coop and I get my meat delivered now by a local butcher.