• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Drive Thru Gourment: The Baconator

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCUBOB

When pimpin' was easy
The Baconator? You'll be back
But Wendy's newest isn't for the faint of heart

By KEN HOFFMAN
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

This week I reached out for (run for your lives!) the Baconator, available for a limited time only at America's No. 3 burger chain, Wendy's, with 6,300 restaurants coast to coast.

The Baconator is all business. It's got meat and more meat and then meat on top of that. Plus cheese. And none of that lettuce, tomatoes and pickles nonsense.

Vegetables are for amateurs. Step right this way, carnivores.

The blueprint is two quarter-pound beef patties, six strips of bacon, then two slices of American cheese, ketchup and mayo on a fancy cornmeal-dusted bun.

Total calories — again, run for your lives! — 830; fat: 51 grams; dietary fiber: 1 gram; carbs: 51 grams. Manufacturer's suggested retail price is $4.29.

Wow, 830 calories and 51 fat grams — and that's just the burger! Like the Carpenters song, we've only just begun. Throw in fries, Biggie-size the meal and be still my beating heart.

I mean it; be still my beating heart. This is not exactly health food.

It's a mountain of meat and cheese and mayo, with no veggies to temper the cholesterol rush.

Wendy's has been on a roll — they've become serial beef and cheese pushers. While other fast-food joints have given at least a nod toward more healthful, lighter items, in the past few months Wendy's has unleashed the Triple Stack Cheeseburger, with three burgers and globs of cheese, and the Steakhouse Double Melt Cheeseburger, with two burgers, onions, Swiss cheese, peppercorn sauce and three strips of bacon.

Now, with the Baconator, Wendy's has outdone itself. When you get six strips of bacon, you can't say, "Hey, there's not enough bacon on my bacon cheeseburger."

Sometimes, you just can't get enough bacon. Don't you hate it when you order a BLT, and the diner scrimps on the B? Sure, there's plenty of L and T, but B is the moneymaker. That's like paying $500 for a ticket to see Diana Ross, and Carrot Top does one hour and Miss Ross barely does 30 minutes.

We don't judge in the drive-through, we just lay out the facts. The Baconator is plug silly with calories and fat and cholesterol. You can make an informed decision about committing nearly a day's worth of calories and naughtiness to a Baconator meal.

If you're going just by taste and cravings, the Baconator is frighteningly, fabulously delicious. It's big and drippy and a total mess. This is a three-napkin burger, plus a Wet-Nap, plus a trip to the dry cleaner.

When I consider a burger this devastating, I usually make a little promise to try it just once. But like Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Terminator, when it comes to the Baconator, I'll be back.

View attachment untitled.jpg

Back