• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Epilepsy and exercise (or lack thereof)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plushkitty

Hi folks, I'm new around here!

I have a severe form of epilepsy, and it's not all that controllable at this time. It's not a question of if I'll have a seizure today, it's a question of when and how many. Fortunately I don't convulse, I just look like I'm staring into space, asleep at my desk/the table, or have fainted.

This limits my mobility, as you might imagine. I used to love swimming- I swim like a fish. (Must be all the fat, my own personal flotation device!) After a big scare last summer in which I had a seizure in the water and my sister pulled me out just in time, though, the pool is a lot less inviting. :( Walking around the neighborhood is fun, if I can get someone to go with me. If I walk alone I run the risk of cracking my head open on the asphalt. Treadmills... Mom has and uses one, I used to walk on one, but oh the boredom! I'd rather do something at least moderately enjoyable. I don't want to punish my body for being fat, and that's what a treadmill feels like to me. Penance for the sin of fatness. I'm not really sure how to go about strength training without damaging my extreme double joints. I've done weight exercises wrong before, strained a joint and/or tendon, and holy crap it hurts!

Overheating is a real concern in anything I do, which is why I loved the pool so much. That, and the water eliminates thigh chafing. ;) If I heat up too much, I have seizures. I can't be the only BBW who has issues with overheating and thinks treadmills are boring. Anyone have suggestions for exercise that would be both safe and enjoyable? My doctors have been less than helpful, and I can't afford a gym at this point. I'd really like to get more muscle tone and stamina.

Latest posts

Back