Explain your screen name

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

Big Harpy Energy
Excuse, but I think Donna isn't a boring name.

I used to have a friend whose name was Donna. I knew her at the SSBBW Singles site. She made me feel were made for each other from our first conversations.

Unfortunately, she passed away in 2013. I still cry and miss her a lot. This Friday would be her 57 birthday.
I’m sorry about your friend. If I had known, I would have avoided my self-depreciating joke.

I’m sorry about your friend. If I had known, I would have avoided my self-depreciating joke.
Don't worry! The only thing I have tried to say is that your name is beautiful. I love that name. You are free to make any joke on you. It's only an opinion.

Here's a song from Cliff Richard! It's one of my favorites!

Sonic Purity

Grateful
When I first started on these forms, I was using my DJ moniker and the modeling name I used when I posed for the now defunct RedHotPhatGirlz: Donnaalicious.
DJ… club? Radio? Both? Other?

I’m still using my DJ name, and i haven’t spun since 1995. I was radio: KALX (UC) Berkeley, 1980-1995.

I joke now that I’m well past my expiration date, so I’m no longer D’Licious. 🤓
I’m from the Freshness Evaluation Committee (or maybe just fresh), ready to sample your presumed ongoing deliciousness. Preliminary visual evidence from today’s avatar pic strongly suggests that you remain Donnaalicious.

Donna

Big Harpy Energy
DJ… club? Radio? Both? Other?

I’m still using my DJ name, and i haven’t spun since 1995. I was radio: KALX (UC) Berkeley, 1980-1995.

I’m from the Freshness Evaluation Committee (or maybe just fresh), ready to sample your presumed ongoing deliciousness. Preliminary visual evidence from today’s avatar pic strongly suggests that you remain Donnaalicious.
Terrestrial and internet radio, 2000 - 2006…Weekend Graveyard at WYNF in Tampa/St. Pete and Internet at HoTMetaLradio.com. I was Donnaalicious the hair metal princess. I think I have a picture on my iPad from my radio daze that I can share.

And as for the Freshness Evaluation Committee, thank you. 🥰A19FAAEA-64D7-4BD4-AD6A-45ABFA502AB3.jpeg8D2A8EC2-000B-49EB-8459-BEB05E55185F.jpeg

BigElectricKat

Staff member
Global Moderator
Terrestrial and internet radio, 2000 - 2006…Weekend Graveyard at WYNF in Tampa/St. Pete and Internet at HoTMetaLradio.com. I was Donnaalicious the hair metal princess. I think I have a picture on my iPad from my radio daze that I can share.

And as for the Freshness Evaluation Committee, thank you. 🥰View attachment 148980View attachment 148981
That's a couple things we have in common! ;)

Rojodi

I’m actually named after that song. My parents couldn’t agree on what to name me (they were expecting another boy since they had two already) and they weren’t prepared. My sixteen year old brother loved Ritchie Valens’ music, so he suggested Donna and well, here I am.
My sister, when Mom was pregnant with our brother, wanted a Baby Boo doll. She called him Bobby Boo for years! LOL

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
You know, it occured to me the other day that I've explained the 'Loopy' part of my username a few times, but I've never explained the other half of it.

I've had a few people read my username differently over the years, but it is "Loopy the one". Back in the early 2000s, a good friend of mine listed links to his friends profiles on his Neopets page. Most were in one paragraph, but at the bottom there was a separate bit that read:

And to separate her from the rest, the one and only Loopy.
Well, when I was trying to make a deviantART account, the name 'loopy' is obviously taken, like always. I was frustrated with this and knew I needed to have something to make it more unique, otherwise I was going to end up with a number salad at the end of my username like on Neopets.

"The one and only Loopy" is a bit too arrogant even for me, and besides, I clearly wasn't the only Loopy, and that was the problem. So then, I was just 'the one Loopy". I wanted Loopy to be the first word as well. Hence "Loopy the one" Just the right level of conceited for me, hah. I always wrote it out as loopytheone though, all as one word, all in lowercase.

Also, telling this story, I've realised that it's been 19 years since I first started using this username! Damn I feel old!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
I’m actually named after that song. My parents couldn’t agree on what to name me (they were expecting another boy since they had two already) and they weren’t prepared. My sixteen year old brother loved Ritchie Valens’ music, so he suggested Donna and well, here I am.
My passport first and last name actually exist as major by now international pop songs.
It's a lifelong nuisance that every now and then people tend to break out in song on hearing the name .....

Pluviophile

My asian name is mispronounced even by most of the Asians. So I prefered to keep my screen name reflecting my emotions towards rain. I really enjoy the monsoon season - to get wet, the cloudy environment, cold weather, petrichor and cozy.

kyle

"Beam me here Scotty"
Kyle is from the T.V Show "Last man Standing". He makes me laugh, like Woody from Cheers. Just a funny easy-going character.

RVGleason

I’m a big fan of the great Jackie Gleason, and I did a play once where I portrayed a variation of his character Reginald Van Gleason III, and I abbreviated the name as my Dimensions screen name.

9F6413AA-0C7A-439F-93E7-DC7C7965CA5E.jpeg
19ED4191-8577-4BCD-8045-306236A04B69.jpeg

Latest posts