Explain your screen name

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
To be fair, unless you're a tiny fish or a small piece of frozen mush, garter snakes can not hurt you, especially the babies. They are teeny tiny noodles that don't even have any teeth. Favourite activities of the mini noodle include bathing and hiding.

I'm just relieved you found them all. My sister's babies escaped and we lost almost all of them. Including a £200 baby snow corn. RIP Lagoon, Mini Bam and Popeye. =(

As his name suggests, Houdini regularly escaped as well. He was 6 and a half foot long though so he wasn't hard to find! Places Houdini was found include: inside a sofa, under the sink around the hot pipe, in the airing cupboard and most wonderfully, inside a rolled up poster. We unravelled like "ta daaaah" and there was a snake inside, hah.

AmyJo1976

Happy Holidays!
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
You make them sound cute, but I deal with snakes here quite a bit. I am totally an animal lover, we have cows, chickens, and goats, but the only good snake is a dead snake to me. I don't trust any of them, I'm sorry. I've lost two hens that I adored to snakes, so my dislike didn't come easy.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
You make them sound cute, but I deal with snakes here quite a bit. I am totally an animal lover, we have cows, chickens, and goats, but the only good snake is a dead snake to me. I don't trust any of them, I'm sorry. I've lost two hens that I adored to snakes, so my dislike didn't come easy.
Sure, I get that some people don't like snakes at that is fine~

I have to say though, whilst I absolutely understand your hatred of them, it's not very nice to be effectively wishing other people's pets dead like that. A dog ate my parakeet, but I wouldn't go around telling dog owners that I think the only good dog is a dead one.

That said, this isn't an 'argue about animals' thread so perhaps we should all pack it up with the animal talk if we are going to upset each other, hah! Like, from a mod standpoint, I shouldn't have gotten this thread so off topic in the first place, I will hang my head in shame!

And there goes @SSBHM getting us back on track, good job! 😂 Funnily enough, I always thought the BHM acronym we use in general around here was "Big Hot Man" and no matter how many times I get told it is "Big handsome man" my brain never remembers, hah!

AmyJo1976

Happy Holidays!
DM Lifetime Supporting Member
DM Supporter
hah! No one is getting emotional Loopy :) I don't wish anyone's pets dead. Just a convo like all others here, they get off topic sometimes lol! It's certainly not the first time! :D

op user

"They are more afraid of you than you are of them."

ahem, no!
DA, trust me I don't want to test your theory or the initial statement - despite my admiration for you.

loopy, I used to feed the cats in my family's secondary residence (not possible any longer due to the lock down)as to make sure mice and snakes are cleared or not allowed to approach the house. However I need and I do to respect your ideas and love for those creatures

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
trying to get back to the threads topic...

I replied earlier about Anna - but why did I chose dazzling?

Well I wanted something to start with D.

Right now I am still impressed on how brave I must have been to chose "dazzling" because I always regarded myself as a rather modest person (haha, believe it or not :))

Now looking again at the meanings and translations it is not wrong though

:) :) :)

DitzyBrunette

Well, filibuster.
Not that I believe it - no hate to blondes! - but blondes are always teased for being ditzy, and I always seem to have these 'blonde moments' where I completely miss something obvious or say something and then realize it was stupid lol. A friend of mine waaaay back in the aol days told me he swears I'm the one who could cause the term 'Ditzy Brunette' to become a thing, and voila.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Mine is the female version of the little used name of the suburb where I was located when I originally registered this account. It roughly translates to "beyond city limits"....

LunaPlenus

DimensionsModel
Not that I believe it - no hate to blondes! - but blondes are always teased for being ditzy, and I always seem to have these 'blonde moments' where I completely miss something obvious or say something and then realize it was stupid lol. A friend of mine waaaay back in the aol days told me he swears I'm the one who could cause the term 'Ditzy Brunette' to become a thing, and voila.
I get that, though I admit I was a natural blonde lol

DJ_S

Love Music & it’s my first Initial..

For many years, well since 1994 one of my passions or as I’ve found out recently one of my special interests has been DJing. In 1994 was the first time I played out professionally & I did so many years, although I’ll be the first to say it has been more of a creative outlet, then a profession.

Music in the past has helped me deal with so many different emotions, often saving me, yet with recent events & how my body/mind has dealt with trauma (the death of my Soulmate) I no longer have the same capacity for music, weather it be simply listening or creating.. I found it all too triggering and physically painful. Which has been a shock to the system.

Happily to report that the pain has now stopped and for the last 6months I’ve been venturing back into the land of music.

TMI?

James1662

My name is James. The end. I was going to just use James for a screen name, but I assumed someone had probably already taken that, so I added some numbers to it. The numbers are part of my address. Not very imaginative, I know, but it's what I came up with when registering.

AuntHen

Chicken Whisperer 🐔
DM Supporter

For many years, well since 1994 one of my passions or as I’ve found out recently one of my special interests has been DJing. In 1994 was the first time I played out professionally & I did so many years, although I’ll be the first to say it has been more of a creative outlet, then a profession.

Music in the past has helped me deal with so many different emotions, often saving me, yet with recent events & how my body/mind has dealt with trauma (the death of my Soulmate) I no longer have the same capacity for music, weather it be simply listening or creating.. I found it all too triggering and physically painful. Which has been a shock to the system.

Happily to report that the pain has now stopped and for the last 6months I’ve been venturing back into the land of music.

TMI?
No. Not TMI. I feel music was to made touch us deeply, express ourselves and various other things (for me personally anyway). Thanks for sharing, so sorry for your loss and glad you have healed enough to listen again 🎶

Last edited:

TMI?
Welcome aboard and back to life, @DJ_S!

Latest posts