• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Eye Care

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chimpi

into the shining sun
I'm beginning to succumb to the realization that I need new glasses. I have been using the same pair of glasses since my early years in high school (circa ~1998), but I could not give you the precise year. My memory fails me... These glasses (which are womens Guess glasses, by the way) have been fixed a few times, bent and molded hundreds of times, and have evidence of the lenses getting scratched and foggy. I just have to put the energy and finances forth to get my eyes examined and my face fitted with new glasses.

Have any of you had any recent examinations done?
I've been reading a little on the subject tonight of optometrists, and I have found a few local centers. Plus, the closest Wal-Mart has a section in their store dedicated to eye care. Though, I am an avid anti-Wal-Mart advocate, I understand the need in many cases due to their overall cheap prices.
Have any of you had your eyes checked and glasses purchased from Wal-Mart?
What was your experience in dealing with Wal-Mart?
Was the optometrist knowledgeable and informative?
Were the glasses selection(s) plentiful and satisfactory?
I am wary when it comes to Wal-Mart, Target, Costco, Sams Club, cheap online (etc...) products, and I'd like to get a reliable lens/frame. What do you think?

Would you recommend I seek out a separate, local Optometrist center?
I have a limited supply of funds that is mildly flexible, though that is completely optimistic and painfully submissive. I always believe in the saying "You get what you pay for" and understand that I will be spending a few hundred dollars total. What did you pay and are you satisfied with your service and product?
Also, as an added bonus, are there any specific questions that I should be asking during an eye examination that I might not be thinking of yet?
Various things I might ask during my consult may/may not be:
  • What is my diagnosis?
  • What is my prescription?
  • Do I have astigmatism? (I know I do... but I do not know the conditions of my examination yet)
  • Do I have myopia?
  • Would you recommend Bi Focal or Progressive lenses?
  • Would you recommend Photochromic lenses?
  • What frames/brands would you recommend?

Am I completely hyper-analyzing an eye examination? I do not remember my last examination or when it was, so I do not know the basics or routines... :doh:

Latest posts

Back