FA mistakes?

Discussion in 'BBW/FA Board' started by Tad, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Aug 20, 2019 #41

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

The older generations, perhaps... if we does exclude higher divorce rates.

2. Aug 20, 2019 #42

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

I agree and if you really think about it it’s downright comical how different we are and yet we are designed not just to coexist but to thrive together. God must be up there having a good laugh over that one!:D

Ncmomof4 likes this.
  3. Aug 20, 2019 #43

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

Yet, the higher divorce rates...

I really doubt He want to be muddled into this.

4. Aug 20, 2019 #44

Ncmomof4

Ncmomof4

Ncmomof4

Do you think perhaps in older generations they stayed married because their was a stigma attached to divorce? But our older generations were also taught to stick it out in many parts of their lives. They stayed at jobs worked hard, if something broke you fixed it. And as a collective whole we have now become a society of instant gratification. If we dont like a job we leave, if something breaks, we toss it and buy a new one. Your neighbor bought a new car, now your 2 year old car doesnt feel good anymore. So we trade it in. Our marriages have become the same. He or she arent meeting your needs, let's not work on it but let's move onto something more pleasurable and less work.

Though above makes us sound like a horrible society, there are pluses to being able to leave a job where you are not valued, or a marriage that is toxic without the stigma of divorce that previous generations faced. Because there are people that should not stay married. Marriages where if they did get divorced both parties would be happier and most likely become better versions of themselves.

But I still think our differences are what attract us to the opposite sex. Even when they make us absolutely insane. It's just finding our match that fits.

Aqw likes this.
  5. Aug 20, 2019 #45

Aqw

Aqw

Aqw

Thank you for your post and specially above :)

DragonFly and Ncmomof4 like this.
  6. Aug 20, 2019 #46

John Smith

John Smith

John Smith

People used to fix their belongings because fixing it used to be less expansive than purchase a new onein a then-alrrady overly consumerist way of life. There has still a lot of people who stay stick through their hard work, the opposite might lead to nationwide bankruptcy and until now I haven't heard of economical issues caused because most young people dislikes hard labor. Younger generations are indeed prompt to a sweep-right-sweep-left-on-the-dating-app-and-mine-mine-mine mindset, but at least it doesn't change the fact that higher divorce rates are observed amongst older generations.

Maybe it is time to query about why and how such rates does exists...

7. Aug 21, 2019 #47

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I'm still pretty convinced that the the variance within each gender is bigger than the average gap between genders, on almost anything yiu choose to measure. For sure there are differences on average, but I think we often make too much of them, assigning various traits too firmly to one gender or another.

And for that matter, ditto on generations.

8. Sep 3, 2019 #48

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

TwoSwords

My early mistakes were to do with being too sheepish to sit close to girls I liked in high school. I wasn't sure what was considered appropriate back then, and I've learned a bit since then. I guess that's not overtly FA-related, except that the situation is a bit different when the girl you want to sit next to bridges the gap between her chair and the adjacent chair.

9. Sep 3, 2019 #49

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

I used to have problems like that in my youth with the guys that I liked. I can assure young FA's that life is much sweeter once your out of the closet about being FA. You don't have to worry about being found out any more. That means that you're free to follow your heart's desires. And don't fret about friends, who drop you, because you're FA. They were never your friends anyway.