• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fantasy ruining reality

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
This isn't exactly a BBW issue persay but more of a woman issue. If it's in the wrong forum, please move it.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately and I wonder if fantasy ruins reality for a lot of us? Maybe fantasy just ruins reality for me. For example, I read the Twilight books, and I wish there was an Edward out there for me. I understand this is unrealistic. Not just the vampire part- part of being human means you're fallible. For the most part, I just want to tell myself to be real and accept whatever is normal. But what is normal? We have romantic comedies teaching us that bad boys can be changed by the right woman (sometimes they can, but most of the time as most of us know, this is not the case), that men love quirky women, that relationships aren't full of trials, that finding love is easy, etc. We have our romance novels, and tv shows all showing us warped visions of what love is. What is real love? So many marriages end in divorce these days. Relationships that we thought were perfect are ruined without a moment's notice. Is there any romance left?
Are people (or even, am I) too desensitized by our romance fantasies that we don't recognize real romance when we see it?

I wonder if I'm spoiled. I had a fiance that was pretty much my soulmate but the relationship was ruined by a series of unfortunate events (his grandmother died, my bipolar condition kicked into gear, etc). I don't know how to let him go, even though we've been broken up for several years now. I dated someone else for 6 months after. And I was madly in love with him, but when my fiance came back into my life, our relationship crumbled apart. Mostly because it was long distance and I didn't want to move there and he didn't want to move here. I think I would have been more eager to move if my fiance hadn't come back into my life. I dated for awhile, but gave up because it seemed like all the guys my age wanted was pussy. I'm now back with my first real boyfriend (of my adult years). I originally left him to be with my fiance because our relationship was ending anyway.

I'm not happy. He's not even trying. He gives me anything I want that we can afford, he supports me emotionally, but one of my conditions for getting back with him was that he work on his erectile dysfunction, and he hasn't even TRIED to have sex with me. He admits it's a mental block, but he doesn't seem interested in even working through it. It's like he's just wants me to leave again.

I chose to get back with him because I decided together and miserable was better than alone and miserable. Part of me still hopes that there's still a perfect relationship out there for me.

So I guess my questions are, ladies, is there such a thing as the perfect romance? Have any of you experienced it? Should I just accept the hand I've been dealt? In your experience, what is the reality of love?

Latest posts

Back