• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fat Discrimination by Region

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butterbelly

Melting in the desert
I posted a link on a separate thread relating to an article about how overweight/obese people are feeling more discriminated against in the US. There has been plenty of discuss on the other thread about the stats, research, etc.

Now...I can't help but wonder if different areas of the US are more prone to fat discrimination than others. I grew up in the Midwest, where the vast majority of individuals are overweight or obese. I never really felt any discrimination because of my weight, except for in HS. But I read other people's stories here about how they felt discriminated at work, school, at a restaurant, etc. I moved a year ago to the South and I have witnessed (never really experienced) fat discrimination against friends, co-workers, and strangers, and most of the people are what I would consider in the "overweight" category. I find this ironic since recent research shows the states with the biggest increase (no pun intended) in obesity are states in the South.

What is your opinion? Do you think different areas of the US are more prone to fat discrimination than others?

Latest posts

Back