Fearful of Obesity, Parents Starve Child

Discussion in 'Fat in the Media' started by imfree, Nov 19, 2011.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine by donating:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

1. Nov 24, 2011 #21

Forgotten_Futures

Forgotten_Futures

Forgotten_Futures

The *other* Holy Trinity

Yeah, I know. But you know what they say about pacifism: Just 'cause you won't lift a hand in your defense doesn't mean you won't get killed anyway. What it basically comes down to is experience. You learn not to stick your hand in a fire by getting burned. You learn not to stick a fork in the electrical socket by doing it and, well, you know. Some people can accept general wisdom and not feel the need to test these things for themselves, but some people need to learn the hard way. Maybe Lamia's brother bit someone once, found the reaction interesting, and kept doing it until he finally learned what being bit felt like.

Betcha he's got a biting fetish, though = P

2. Nov 28, 2011 #22

EMH1701

EMH1701

EMH1701

I find the article really sad, but at the same time, not surprising. This is what our society has come to, with its idolization of thinness and only one standard of physical perfection. We have got to stop hating people's differences as a society and start celebrating them instead.

3. Dec 14, 2011 #23

ribbondancer

ribbondancer

ribbondancer

This is absolutely awful, no child deserves to starve. He should be eating a healthy, balanced diet regardless of his size because everyone is different.

4. Dec 20, 2011 #24

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

ThikJerseyChik

Sweet & Salty ;)

There are so many people who do not deserve to have children....they have NO parenting skills ....no ethics, no value of human life and NO conscience.

Then there are those who want a child so desperately..and cannot have them.

It just breaks my heart. :(

5. Dec 22, 2011 #25

gangstadawg

gangstadawg

gangstadawg

the wanderer

or at least learn tolerance.

6. Dec 26, 2011 #26

Blackhawk2293

Blackhawk2293

Blackhawk2293

Still tired of life

They face up to a year in prison? Is that all?

I've seen these kind of parents before when I worked in Child Protection. We used to always talk about whether they should bring in mandatory vasectomies/tubal ligations for people like this because no matter how many kids they abuse they just go on having kids.

If I as still working in Child Protection and I had a case like this all their kids would be removed and when they decide to have more children I would be at the hospital with the Assumption of Care papers every time they show up so that every newborn they have would be in state care as soon as it is born.

No child deserves parents like that!