• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Fort Wayne Fun Weekend March 2011

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaraCakes

Saturday March 5th & Sunday March 6th is the weekend before Mardi Gras.

I'm curious to see if anyone would be interested in coming to Fort Wayne and doing something a little different then the traditional bash style events.
This would take place mostly on Saturday, with a farewell luncheon on Sunday.

There will be no 'All Inclusive' price for this, you will be responsible for taking care of yourself at the different locations.

You will also be responsible for securing your own lodging for the event, whether it be in a hotel, or by using couchsurfing.com, or staying with a friend, etc. If the response is high, I can try to see about getting a group rate at one specific hotel in town, and we can make it a little more like a traditional bash.

Car pools can most likely be arranged at the meet and greet. Also, Fort Wayne does have taxi service, but you have to call ahead.

I was thinking of an itinerary starting Saturday around 12pm:

SATURDAY

Meet & Greet Brunch at Spyro's Pancake House. This place is a local breakfast favorite, and the Greek family owned restaurant knows how to do it big, for cheap! They serve the biggest breakfasts I've ever had! From fresh squoze orange juice, to an omelet filled with gyro meat and feta cheese, biscuits and gravy, and more...Spyro's will fill you up. They also have a nice lunch menu with soups, salads and sandwiches. www.spyrospancakehouse.com for more information.

As for Midday events, I'm open to suggestions. There are lots of things to do in this town, other then just drinking and eating, although that's what some of us enjoy the most. Some options to throw around: bowling, shopping, chocolate factory tour, botanical conservatory, off track betting, lazer tag, movies...etc. Some people may want to settle in and perhaps take a disco nap. We could always break up into groups and meet up again later at dinner. Feedback is appreciated!

Pizza Party Dinner at the 816 Pint & Slice in Downtown Fort Wayne. This local eatery makes some delicious pizza that is sold by the slice, or whole pie. They also have a nice selection of local brewed beers, and some other well known beer, as well as non alcoholic beverages. They have a small section downstairs or a larger section upstairs, depending on the size of the crowd. www.pintandslice.com for more information.

Snickerz Comedy Club Show (Mark Sweeny and Leo Flowers Tickets are $9.00, shows start at 7:30 & 9:45) www.snickerzcomedyclub.biz for more information.

Piere's Entertainment Center, which is in the same lot as the comedy club, provides free admission with hand stamp from Snickerz. This place often has cheap drink specials, live music, and has 5 different clubs under one roof. They have a karaoke bar, a sports bar, a concert arena (the main stage), and two separate dance clubs. www.itstheparty.com for more information.

(If the club isn't a favorite, there are many other places in the city that provide a great evening, and we can decide later if this isn't something that tickles everyone's fancy.)

After party? To be determined.

SUNDAY

Flat Top Grill Farewell Brunch. Flat Top Grill offers a create your own, all you can eat breakfast buffet for $9.99. Come for brunch and say goodbye to everyone before heading home. This place is located at Jefferson Pointe Mall, which has plenty of places to shop and relax after the brunch if you're not ready to leave just yet.

Please reply to this thread with input, and if you plan on coming. We can alter this to pretty much any degree, this is just an idea. Let me know what you think! :D

Latest posts

Back