• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Frying pan...non stick or stainless steel?

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
Do you use a non stick frying pan or a stainless steel one when cooking? I've always used non stick but when I watch all the cooking shows they seem to use stainless steel. I have heard chefs say they use a non stick pan for making things like eggs though. And what about all the reports out now on how non stick pans supposedly aren't good for you and the coating can somehow come off and make you sick? I use non stick figuring that, hey, things won't stick! But is there really a difference? What are your experiences with using a non stick versus a stainless steel pan? Which do you prefer?
Back when I was growing up my mother used mostly a cast iron frying pan, anyone prefer that? I guess they all have their own specific uses. My mind isn't made up on the non stick versus stainless steel for a frying pan just yet but I do like all my pots to be stainless steel. I feel they clean up a lot easier and can take a lot of abuse and still be as good as new.
I'm interested to hear all of your opinions.

Back