• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Giving Thanks on Thanks Giving [sic]

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bafta1

Since this week is Thanksgiving, and since the only time I've ever witnessed your ritual is on the movie screen, I decided that I'd start a thread where we can give thanks in an international way.

I know what you're all thinking: "what is this sappy, cheesy rubbish...?!!??"

Well, it's about to get even cheesier and sappier since I'm going to give thanks for Dimensions. (Predictable, unexciting, unoriginal... I know...)

Nevertheless, I have some reasons that I'm going to share with you.

I don't find Dims to be a place that only celebrates an aesthetic ideal, (yet initially I thought it might be). It's about solidarity and conquering the geographical divide between people who struggle to be accepted, and who struggle to accept themselves.

I've heard how life-changing this place has been for women, but it can also be life-changing for men too.

It somehow sounds shallow to merely say that I'm happy to have found a place where I can freely express what I find beautiful - I always knew that there was such a thing as an FA - yet the issue is that I always felt that I was the only one, until I found Dims.

It feels very weird to talk about taste in this way. But it is a taste that can be so alienating at times. It isn't fetishist, odd, or a sign of insecurity; yet, knowing that by admitting this stuff to anyone else you would be looked upon in that light, you can sometimes feel very ashamed and lonely. And it's a horrible feeling. And it really shouldn't be the case.

So, I'm glad to have found somewhere where I don't feel ashamed to say that I think fat girls are beautiful.

Thank you dimensions.

Sorry for the cheesiness!!!!! Honestly I am. I just felt like writing this now, that's all.

It probably is, indeed, very unoriginal. I'm sorry.

What are you thankful for?

Latest posts

Back